New forum user

acharette

Hello

Been using testmy.net for years. The new-to-me graphic interface and long term test now available are really slick! I'm a desktop/laptop user. My backbone provider seems to be having some issues, ups and downs with the data rate making larger files, video, netflix and the like difficult to use. I'm an investor in my ISP who uses the backbone, helping out the techs.

On the graphic results page I didn't see a way to get the date and time shown in the balloons that pop up on the graph. I see they are listed in the chart below the graph. It would add to the "slickness" of this great feature if date and time of the speed test were shown in the balloon.

Regards

Art

Hello

Been using testmy.net for years. The new-to-me graphic interface and long term test now available are really slick! I'm a desktop/laptop user. My backbone provider seems to be having some issues, ups and downs with the data rate making larger files, video, netflix and the like difficult to use. I'm an investor in my ISP who uses the backbone, helping out the techs.

On the graphic results page I didn't see a way to get the date and time shown in the balloons that pop up on the graph. I see they are listed in the chart below the graph. It would add to the "slickness" of this great feature if date and time of the speed test were shown in the balloon.

Regards

Art

Hey Art,

Thanks... I'm always building. This last upgrade was just a lot more noticeable.

Actually, if you select upload only or download only it will show the times on the graph. I'm still working on doing that for all graphing. The problem is that the date and time are conveyed through the x-axis... but you can take tests of individual test types here so sometimes you'll be displaying more upload or more download results so I can't share the x-axis data between the two, if I did the information shown wouldn't be correct all the time.

Select one or the other...

post-2-0-00575300-1348336568.png

and BAM, it works...

post-2-0-64775200-1348336566_thumb.png

I should have that resolved in my next version of the graphing system. :) -- The functionality is built in... mostly. I just need to figure a couple of things out. I had some more important work to do so I left that for the next time I was building on the graphing system.

Thank you for your continued patronage, means a lot to see people who come back for so many years.

Hey Art,

Thanks... I'm always building. This last upgrade was just a lot more noticeable.

Actually, if you select upload only or download only it will show the times on the graph. I'm still working on doing that for all graphing. The problem is that the date and time are conveyed through the x-axis... but you can take tests of individual test types here so sometimes you'll be displaying more upload or more download results so I can't share the x-axis data between the two, if I did the information shown wouldn't be correct all the time.

and BAM, it works...

I should have that resolved in my next version of the graphing system. :) -- The functionality is built in... mostly. I just need to figure a couple of things out. I had some more important work to do so I left that for the next time I was building on the graphing system.

Thank you for your continued patronage, means a lot to see people who come back for so many years.

There we go! I had not used the separate up and down tests. I'll switch to download only. Thanks!

BR

Art

Hey Art,

and BAM, it works...

I changed my testing to download only. The balloons on just download portion of the graph still don't show the date of each test point. However my graphs were up and download til I changed today. The graphic seems to be just continuing on with that older data but now just shows download. Do I need to clear out all the old stuff, reset the graph?

Tnx, BR

Art

I changed my testing to download only. The balloons on just download portion of the graph still don't show the date of each test point. However my graphs were up and download til I changed today. The graphic seems to be just continuing on with that older data but now just shows download. Do I need to clear out all the old stuff, reset the graph?

Tnx, BR

Art

By default on your results page it won't show the date and time in the graph. You have to click the upload only or download only links below the graph. Even if the page is showing all download results... so go to your results page, click one of those links and then it will show that information within the graph like you want.

Started to use the site few weeks before with the upload test. now I wanted to sign in. I live in Finlands Metropolitan area, in Helsinki. I'm 33 yrs, light skinned, dark hair and green/brown eyes. That means outer part of the eye is green, and inner is brown. I use glasses. I have been using computer as 14 yrs old, but still know little about hardware.

Started to use the site few weeks before with the upload test. now I wanted to sign in. I live in Finlands Metropolitan area, in Helsinki. I'm 33 yrs, light skinned, dark hair and green/brown eyes. That means outer part of the eye is green, and inner is brown. I use glasses. I have been using computer as 14 yrs old, but still know little about hardware.

Welcome to TMN pyykto79! :welcome: