Hello, and a couple questions if anyone has the time.

brokerdan

(1) I was wondering if testmy would have the ability for me to tell the test's which server (specific ip) to test.

I have around a 15mb d/l according to the test i ran here 20+ on Speedtest. I play a game online a lot and its always the same server. While I am playing my ping on the game server is ~110-250 on the high side (most others around 30-50). I realize that the server is across the country so that has something to do with it. but...

(2) Would my results in game be accurate for my connection speed? or is there something wrong?

(3) Are the things I can do to actually increase my connection speeds to that server?

Thanks ahead of time for any and all help, D

(1) I was wondering if testmy would have the ability for me to tell the test's which server (specific ip) to test.

I have around a 15mb d/l according to the test i ran here 20+ on Speedtest. I play a game online a lot and its always the same server. While I am playing my ping on the game server is ~110-250 on the high side (most others around 30-50). I realize that the server is across the country so that has something to do with it. but...

(2) Would my results in game be accurate for my connection speed? or is there something wrong?

(3) Are the things I can do to actually increase my connection speeds to that server?

Thanks ahead of time for any and all help, D

First, are you asking if TMN will be able to help you pick the best speed test server or game server? If you're talking about the speed test server... the reason that I don't have you automatically assigned to the server closest to you is because I feel that the central server is always best. Regardless of distance, it's a good benchmark because it's located where a huge number of the United States servers are hosted.

Most online games don't have huge bandwidth requirements. Looking at your results you're getting ~1500 kB/s average ... which is about 100X more than almost any game would ever use. Your 2Mbps (~243 kB/s) upload should also be more than enough. Your latency (aka ping) to the host server is what's going to make the difference. Most likely your higher ping to that server is due to distance... which you won't be able to do anything about.

Is this a computer game? If yes, what OS? 110ms isn't bad but 250ms is getting pretty laggy. Is that server your only choice?