Tired of typing

roaddogg

Well now that my toy is just about done being built .I decided that I did not want to type anymore so I am working on Speech recognition.That will allow me to speak to my comp and not have to use my Bluetooth keyboard anymore.. Has anyone else here tried Speech Recognition, if so how did it work for you? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried it a few times... it probably works better now than when I tried it. Last time I tried it I concluded that I type far faster than speech recognition. I was spending more time going back and correcting things. Are you using the speech recognition in Windows 8 or some other software?

I tried it a few times... it probably works better now than when I tried it. Last time I tried it I concluded that I type far faster than speech recognition. I was spending more time going back and correcting things. Are you using the speech recognition in Windows 8 or some other software?

it comes with Windows 8 and I also type faster but maybe it is my Spanish accent, :2funny: ..

its gotten quite a bit more accurate now, dragon is still pretty much the best speech recognition program i've found but you still can't make your pc perform tasks and such with it... that'll be the day

it has gotten a lot more thorough with the recognition and it uses more then ( the red fox jumped over the lazy dog ) it takes you through about a half hour for the first session and then it has you repeat the same session a few times after if you want. I'm just going through Windows 8 to see how things work comparing it with Win 7.

i use talk to text on my phone all the time...comes back with some pretty crazy stuff sometimes...like one time i was walking out of work (long hallway) and i was picking up my daughter but i was gonna stop home and shower and change clothes so i said "i'm gonna run home and jump in the shower real quick and change clothes" it came back with " i'm gonna run home and j*** off in the shower real quick and change clothes" hahahaha i almost pee'd my pants laughing...people were looking at me tears running down my face...i shoulda just sent it but it was going to my very prim daughter who wouldn't have found it funny...or maybe she would have. :-D