xplornet and voip problems

tannaberton

For a month I have only one way communications whether it is ITALKBB voip service or Skype etc. ITALK uses their own modem. I have replaced my whole network but still nothing and now have tried a static IP address but still my other party cannot hear me. Xplornet says it cannot possibly be their fault but their service is the only common point that could affect Skype as well as ITALKBB. Has anyone with any ISP had this problem? Of course out here VOIP is all we had for phone service. The Skype problem is the same on all 5 computers at my house.

I heard it was due to a double NAT situation but that is not helping. I also heard it was their change to a new 4G service but what that has to do with things I do not know.

Any advice please reply.

Never mind, I saw your other post saying it was satellite.

... Have you tried to bypass the router and directly connect to one of the computers? Try that on your very best computer so that the router can be taken out of the equation. The router could have an issue that's causing it to drop packets so the first thing to do is test without the network. If your issue clears up... well then you know it's the router (could be a simple setting... or you could need a new one). If the problem persists we've got a deeper issue, we'll try to help you resolve.

So Xplornet basically told you that they couldn't care less? Your VoIP was working fine until recently?

-D

First thing I tried was direct connection. VOIP will not work from any of my 5 computers. I replaced my 8 month old router with the old one and replaced my VOIP company's modem and even a couple of cables. It was all working so fine until a month ago then it started...people cannot hear me talk. XplorNet says its not their problem but they are the only common link. I got the CRTC in but they passed it off to a more mild mannered govt org and they got me the static IP that made no diff either. If ITALKBB was the only voip not working it would be easy but Skype does not work as well with the same symptoms. I am not sure they have techs who can find this. They are just too eager to deny deny as if they are hoping I will just live without a phone. They also continuously say they do not support third party VOIP when actually they it is their problem I have been a troubleshooter for Telecom companies around the world...Bell Canada, Nortel, Lucent, Alcatel, Ericsson, and Cable and Wireless. My bandwidth tests remained unchanged since they forced me to take a 1.5m service from a 3m service last year. I hate dealing with amateurs.

I would check the basics first ( sounds as if you've already been through it all thought ) , such as ping several servers, google.com , testmy.net , ect.. trace route them and see the latency differences. Once you get a trace route, find the highest latency and trace it out. You can use different means to ping ( again , I'm sure your aware of ) ICMP / TCP. Only reason I mention this is I did not see you post any results along these lines.