where is the start button ?!

jimgordon

nope, for some reason the 'start automatic test' button is missing from my browser. seems to only be on my work laptop though which is still running XP and is totally hamstrung by corporate security settings.

Have tried it from my wife's machine and it is working fine, so will use that to get the info I need.

Rgds

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt an adblocker would remove a css element of this sort. Of course there are some wildly imaginative peoples out there that allow someone to coax them into installing and blocking half the web -- for no apparent reason outside of fear mongering to get their code out there. 

Hell some of the same people that trust enough to install something that allows or blocks something , is inherently just , OK lol

Blocking ads and scripts thinking everything is going to take over their computer, p2p and downloading movies / songs, leaving vital ports open <goes back to the p2p > , at the same time leaving the router wide open thinking because they installed a program to stop others , that they are OK.

---------------------

Jim , if you've not gotten this righted yet , go to the bottom of the page and find 'change theme' -- it , TestMy.net 13.1 - it is already selected , but go ahead and select it again, this should take care of it.

Just to add , I am still on XpPro , using firefox 18.01  , with flash block ,

the auto test button is there ,

not that I use it ,  seems like my BT fttc is rock solid 24 /7 over the past year , I think I stopped speed testing about a year back ,

as I have a cap of 40Gb a month , ( normaly I use 30-38 Gb )  that way it saves me from getting fast arse syndrom from to much time in the computer chair or additional $$.

(Blocking ads and scripts thinking everything is going to take over their
computer, p2p and downloading movies / songs, leaving vital ports open
<goes back to the p2p > , at the same time leaving the router wide
open thinking because they installed a program to stop others , that
they are OK. )

indeed , but if your router can't be secured ,  My BT router has by design  2 ports open.  allegedly for updates ?

but I lock everything else down , and Java removed ,  maybe over the top , but that way I sleep easy ,

Roco if you had everything locked down you would not be looking at the website let alone posting.

Everything is just in some way nated to 80 by default, chances are so is email. Unless you log to the webservice instead of using a client on 43 - 110 - 25 ect , what about 113  or 161 snmp or even 8081 when using blackice - icecap lol ?

OOpss - yes that was me :toothy6: