What happened to being able to test to a "West Coast" server?

XANAVirus

Seattle was my first choice San Jose was my 2nd but I wasn't able to get nearly as good of a deal in those cities I will keep my eye out for deals in those cities if I find one I'll move the server there for now at least something on the west coast will be helpful to a lot of people

It may be a work, but I am not sure about the progress...haha...  I keep looking for the new West Coast server.  Maybe it is like a UFO, it may be seen or it may not be seen.  Probably depending on how much faith, well maybe faith isn't the right word either...

Just kidding for those who might not understand...haha...

Where oh where...???

Jim

===

It may be a work, but I am not sure about the progress...haha...  I keep looking for the new West Coast server.  Maybe it is like a UFO, it may be seen or it may not be seen.  Probably depending on how much faith, well maybe faith isn't the right word either...

Just kidding for those who might not understand...haha...

Where oh where...???

Jim

===

west coast server is now available you should be able to see it at https://testmy.net/mirror

Just tried out the testmy.net San Jose server and it is way slow for whatever reason.  I got a download of a little over 8Mbps and then tested to Texas and got a little over 15Mbps...  I am located in SW Washington State.  I usually get real good speeds when I test into San Jose with SpeedTest.com like just now 25Mbps down.  I realize there is a difference.  But I would probably be getting about 25Mbps from the old testmy.net Seattle server if I was getting 25Mbps from Speedtest.com from San Jose. 

But what do I know as I am just an 81 year olddawg...haha...

No matter what thanks for all of you guys hard work as it is appreciated...

Jim

===

I just got 14.2Mbps down to Amsterdam...  I like that...haha...

Just tried out the testmy.net San Jose server and it is way slow for whatever reason.  I got a download of a little over 8Mbps and then tested to Texas and got a little over 15Mbps...  I am located in SW Washington State.  I usually get real good speeds when I test into San Jose with SpeedTest.com like just now 25Mbps down.  I realize there is a difference.  But I would probably be getting about 25Mbps from the old testmy.net Seattle server if I was getting 25Mbps from Speedtest.com from San Jose. 

But what do I know as I am just an 81 year olddawg...haha...

No matter what thanks for all of you guys hard work as it is appreciated...

Jim

===

I just got 14.2Mbps down to Amsterdam...  I like that...haha...

no i noticed this too i live in phoenix and only pulled 12Mbps from it... i've got a ticket in with the host i'm really not sure whats up with it i may have to switch my hosting sooner then i thought

HOLY MACAROON!!!..  I don't know if it is working right but it is blazing fast, indicated, especially for this time of the day.

Download :: 28.6 Mbps 3.6 MB/s  arrow-up-doubleM.png Upload :: 3.5 Mbps 438 kB/s

My connection is Comcast and is supposed to be 25Mbps down and 3.5Mbps up.

Thanks again you all for getting the alternate servers going.  Keep up the great work.

Jim

===

just curious

anyone tried the European server ?  it's sort of local  to me , I think from memory its in Amsterdam Nethelands

or Holland to non EU folk,I Ioose about 25% across the English channel to that test site , but around  60 % to the

TMN Dallas ? server ,

my connection in England is from BT  FTTC 40 x 8  , although my connection is good for 160 x20, for another $8 a month

but being a tight git I have no use for the extra speed ,

so do I care my e-mails  go supersonic  ? , well as long as they beat snail mail I dont care ,

cost for my 40X 8 around $45 a month ,but that includes free phone calls unlimited 24 x7 within theUK 

I can no longer get the San Jose server to work.  When I have it set for that server and click on the test it just opens another tab in my Firefox browser and then nothing ever comes up on the webpage.  It just stays blank.  When I try it with Chrome browser it gave an error message that says "Server Error."  Must be something wrong...

Help...

Jim

===

just curious

anyone tried the European server ?  it's sort of local  to me , I think from memory its in Amsterdam Nethelands

or Holland to non EU folk,I Ioose about 25% across the English channel to that test site , but around  60 % to the

TMN Dallas ? server ,

my connection in England is from BT  FTTC 40 x 8  , although my connection is good for 160 x20, for another $8 a month

but being a tight git I have no use for the extra speed ,

so do I care my e-mails  go supersonic  ? , well as long as they beat snail mail I dont care ,

cost for my 40X 8 around $45 a month ,but that includes free phone calls unlimited 24 x7 within theUK 

I would like to have your speed.  I pay $52/mo for 25Mbps Down & 3.5Mbps Up and then it would cost another $30/mo for the phone service if I used the cable phone service...  You got it good my friend...

Jim

===

@jimeee i didn't change anything on the server i'm not exactly sure what is going on :\

edit: both my servers are getting an error i'm not sure it has anything to do with my setup it might be a CA3LE thing

Chicago error

Fatal error: SourceGuardian Loader - This script has expired. Please contact the script author about this problem. Error code [09] in /home/pmcgaming/server2/tmn/testmy-download.php on line

LA error

Fri Feb 15 12:56:34 2013] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] FastCGI: server "/home/testmy/server3.pmcgaming.com/server3.pmcgaming.com.0fake" stderr: PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  SourceGuardian Loader - This script has expired. Please contact the script author about this problem. Error code [09] in /home/testmy/server3.pmcgaming.com/tmn/index.php on line 2

I just now tried all of the speed test servers, both the testmy,net and mirror and the San Jose was the only one that gave me any kind of a problem, and again I got an error message and this is what I got:

Fatal error: SourceGuardian Loader - This script has expired. Please contact the script author about this problem. Error code [09] in /home/testmy/server3.pmcgaming.com/tmn/testmy-download.php on line 2

I hope it can be fixed so we can test there.

Thanks for anybodies help on this problem.

Jim

===

It's happening on both of my servers one isn't public yet so I know there isn't anything wrong with the server now.. The 500 error was from the new servers clock being off but I corrected that and now the underlying problem CA3LE will have to get with me on. I have a private message in to him just waiting for a reply keep in mind mirrors are a work in progress

Well, I can confirm that you've got a good testing server TriRan.  I just pulled nearly 100 Mbps from that server to my house 375 miles away.

ZmSt17F.png

So maybe Cox isn't bandwidth shaping... just has a route to Texas for me that's got a bottleneck.

Well, I can confirm that you've got a good testing server TriRan. I just pulled nearly 100 Mbps from that server to my house 375 miles away.

ZmSt17F.png

So maybe Cox isn't bandwidth shaping... just has a route to Texas for me that's got a bottleneck.

Awesome very glad to hear

edit: i just did some testing of my own to it... i'm very pleased with the stats the server is bringing in i just tested at 40Mbps to it and i figured out why i'm getting such higher speeds then before... they upped the premier tier aswell to 50Mbit 

I didn't find the San Jose test but found a Los Angeles test.  It worked fine and I got 19Mbps plus a tad down and 3.5Mbps plus a tad up on two different tests, so it looks pretty good.

Thanks for the good work guys.

Now I will patiently wait for someone to come up with a Seattle speed test...haha...

Jim

====