RCN in the upper west side - Harlem

WoKeN

I'm on 110th and central park west and my building has rcn.  Right now my only two options are rcn or verizon dsl.

I appreciate verzon dsl consistency in speeds as advertised, never have any problems, but they speeds as advertised are kinda slow (15/0.84mbps)

I was looking to get RCN at 50/6 or even 75/10.   I've never owned cable internet before or even from RCN.  I don't know what to expect.  If I expect advertised speeds at 90% of the time regardless of time in my building/neighborhood would I be disappointed?

All RCN packages at their speeds seem to be way cheaper than Verizon fios or time warner cable.

if I'm forgetting an ISP in NYC/Manhattan please let me know so I can see if it's available to me

Also what taxes and extra fees add up to when paying for RCN internet?

I'm not sure anyone can put a guarantee on an ISP speed or consistency. 

RCN is in quite a few large cities, what this means I cannot say.

I've not yet searched the testmy.net database for records ----

At the link below, you can do a bit of research from over 5000 test thus far in testmy.net's database.

https://testmy.net/hoststats/rcn_corporation

when shopping for an ISP a good thing to remember when looking for consistancy is to look for a consistant 80% no ISP i don't care how good can provide 100% consistancy all the time... 80% is a much more realistic number

this guy looks to be on their 50/6 and seems to be getting about 80% of what he's paying for

https://testmy.net/quickstats/Asomatoul