New phone

TriRan

So this morning I finally got fed up with my old android phone it had been doing strange things lately so I decided to upgrade.. I got myself the new DROID DNA it sports 4G LTE from Verizon a quad core 1.5ghz cpu and 2GB of ram.. Smoothest phone I've ever owned or used

I just got myself a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, and I have to say I love it.

It's only a Dual Core 1.2Ghz, but with as powerful and clean as Android 4.2 is, it runs like a champion.

This thing has 4G as well, however I don't get it where I live. I will however be testing it tomorrow, as I am going to a city where it gets 4G coverage.

Having never owned a smart-phone before, I have to say, I am VERY impressed with how powerful this one is. Not only is it fast, but the feature-set is crazy. And the voice-recognition software on it is almost as powerful as Siri, and will probably end up more powerful than it. (After all, it's Google.)

I am also quite impressed with Sprint's 3G network, as it's actually fairly quick. And from what I have heard about their 4G network, it runs quite well.

Thanks,

EBrown

holy mackeral , (quad core 1.5ghz cpu and 2GB of ram..) is chasing the tail on my desk top computer ? ,

maybe I need to upgrade my life , still using smoke signals for comunication ,

Mind you I nearly turned a human into a droid last week ,  she was so in love with her phone  she figured  texting was more

important than checking the road before crossing , while I nearly hit  an approching bus trying to avoid her  ,

I just got myself a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, and I have to say I love it.

It's only a Dual Core 1.2Ghz, but with as powerful and clean as Android 4.2 is, it runs like a champion.

This thing has 4G as well, however I don't get it where I live. I will however be testing it tomorrow, as I am going to a city where it gets 4G coverage.

Having never owned a smart-phone before, I have to say, I am VERY impressed with how powerful this one is. Not only is it fast, but the feature-set is crazy. And the voice-recognition software on it is almost as powerful as Siri, and will probably end up more powerful than it. (After all, it's Google.)

I am also quite impressed with Sprint's 3G network, as it's actually fairly quick. And from what I have heard about their 4G network, it runs quite well.

Thanks,

EBrown

yes the new android stuff is really cutting edge and i'm having the same experience with jelly bean, smooth as butter

holy mackeral , (quad core 1.5ghz cpu and 2GB of ram..) is chasing the tail on my desk top computer ? ,

maybe I need to upgrade my life , still using smoke signals for comunication ,

Mind you I nearly turned a human into a droid last week ,  she was so in love with her phone  she figured  texting was more

important than checking the road before crossing , while I nearly hit  an approching bus trying to avoid her  ,

aha yeah the cpu is the same amount of cores as my desktop at half the speed, and the phone is as thin as my actual CPU for my desktop... its crazy  how powerful they are making such small devices

yes the new android stuff is really cutting edge and i'm having the same experience with jelly bean, smooth as butter

aha yeah the cpu is the same amount of cores as my desktop at half the speed, and the phone is as thin as my actual CPU for my desktop... its crazy  how powerful they are making such small devices

I have to admit it seems to be getting even more powerful every day. The things Google is doing are phenomenal.

Thanks,

EBrown

Roco Mrs. Brown is awesome ! maybe someday 'she'll' come to the states nearby.

I gave up on the 'smart phones'  a while back. As squinting into a couple inch screen took more of my time then not. Aside this always wanting to change things , last one I had was the HTC Diamond, which rarely ketp it;s same ROm for more than a week or two lol Still use it daily for whatever, just not connected to the net unless cabled to my desktop lol

Agreed even though this time I didn't buy a Google phone like the nexus I liked the nexus a lot but the specs on thissite phone jus got ccan't be beat right now

I love this Google Phone. Greatest thing I have ever owned in my personal opinion.

I can basically do anything I need to while at home or on the go now. Extremely useful for College.

Thanks,

EBrown

BIGGER IS BETTER!!!

At least it is for me it is.  I realize everybody has their own guidelines for what they want.  I was hoping a long time ago that 7" tablets would become phones..haha..  My son calls my phone a brick and he owns the latest iPhone.  It is so little that I can hardly see it.  Why it is not much bigger than a dot...haha...

Congratulations to all of you on your new phones.  I had a HTC EVO 4G, and loved it, and wanted a Samsung Galaxy Note when it came out but Sprint never got it 

So when Sprint came out with the Note 2 in late October I was ready to get it.  It has a Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A9 processor, 5.5" screen and is super great.  I love everything about it now that I have it apped up to run and do all the things I want out of a computer phone tablet...haha... 

I am anziously awaiting the Note 3 which is rumored to have a 6 inch plus screen.

Have great day everybody.

Jim

===

I thought about getting the Galaxy Note II, but I decided not to because it felt too big to me.

I have to say, I am practically in love with my smart-phone. I have found several ways to optimize battery life and I will be testing how long it lasts tomorrow. Hopefully I get some decent usage out of it now.

Thanks,

EBrown

I thought the dna would be to big for me over my old phones 4.5" screen but it feels really nice actually and for battery life I've never actually ran it dead the longest I've been on the battery was 15 hours and still had about 30% left on a day with moderate usage

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i still have my old droid razr that just updated to jelly bean. 4g just came into my area like in the last couple weeks or so and i have to say 4g runs like absolute CRAP in my area. my 3g speeds used to be pretty decent for it being 3g...and when im in say joplin, mo 4g is amazing. yet returning to kansas ....4g is slower than my original cable internet package of 1.5mbps down. i dont get it :-(.

but mainly posted to say the droid dna is awesome. i've used one and thats what im upgrading to when i quit being cheap and go use my upgrade.

i still have my old droid razr that just updated to jelly bean. 4g just came into my area like in the last couple weeks or so and i have to say 4g runs like absolute CRAP in my area. my 3g speeds used to be pretty decent for it being 3g...and when im in say joplin, mo 4g is amazing. yet returning to kansas ....4g is slower than my original cable internet package of 1.5mbps down. i dont get it :-(.

but mainly posted to say the droid dna is awesome. i've used one and thats what im upgrading to when i quit being cheap and go use my upgrade.

Yeah I was in the same boat I was using a thunderbolt and it was a great phone but it was beginning to have some issues as old phones tend to so I finally got fed up and upgraded and man am I glad I did

Yeah I was in the same boat I was using a thunderbolt and it was a great phone but it was beginning to have some issues as old phones tend to so I finally got fed up and upgraded and man am I glad I did

My buddy had an Evo and he enjoyed it a lot, until it started getting slow.

Thanks,

EBrown

Any android is nice since it's an open source operating system :) I have the samsung galaxy s3 right now.. I might be going to the 4 soon.. My phone is rooted and the bootloader is unlocked with a custom ROM.. thing runs like a champ :) long battery life too since there is no bloatware.