Number of monitors you use  

8 members have voted

1. 1. How many monitors are you using?

• One
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four
    • Four+
    • I don't use monitors - I have this cable pokin' out of the back of my skull
  2. 2. Do you use more than one machine - multiple monitors

I'm out of hand here really, once I get going I've got access to the local svn, backup server, several layers of tab filled browser windows, too many shells for transferring files , even an ftp client for those times it's just quicker, photoshop, coda2 , pathfinder , another browser for pandora , stock quote streaming { just in case roco sells me some BP shares} and who knows a dozen other things. Email, customer support, skype uhhhg!

Problem is with this mac it's limited to two screens -- not good. Too many layers, no , nothing in osx helps anymore. Just too much I have going at a time to quickly pick something. I end up having to grab the mouse God forbid and tick the icon for shits sake.

Screen realestate is more valuable then a drink of water for a dry scratchy eye ball from staring at screen for too long.

Is it time to get a 60" for the office ? Or a mac pro with capable graphics cards that I can use some of these other monitors connected to other shit in here ?

Again , i would grab one of the USB video cards but the turds are sticking to their prices for the last year @ 50 bones for a cheapo decent one. Not gonna happen. Should be 20 bucks or less by now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/frustrated so much I took time to vent this worthless thread.

An entire monitor for email damn - lucky one are we not ?

I use four when I am at work. Generally I leave Email open on one, and two of our monitoring tools open on two of the others. The third is usually empty with a few Lync Windows open for our inter-work communications.

Thanks,
EBrown

Should add a poll sure.

One always suited me.  :read:

If you really want to know maybe a poll?

An entire monitor for email damn - lucky one are we not ?

Yeah, we have a bunch of them sitting around. I might go up to five or six and have to actually mount them sometime soon.

One of the advantages of working somewhere that has a large surplus of this stuff. :P

Thanks,

EBrown

Every couple months I chuck everything outside of the flagged (needed) business messages, yet most everything is internal support request notifications that don't need read anyhow.

post-9745-0-02025800-1361377132.png

It's time to make that move now.

When will you have time to read 5K messages ? Or do you get these constantly ? Just curious since it was brought up. If i don't stay on top of it I don't get paid.

Here's something for you to gander at lol   This is my spam server reports ~ Mind you these have nothing to do with those that are accounts not going through the local client which do not need to be run through the spamserver. I can't even imagine how many total messages

post-9745-0-17079700-1361377435.png

I usually just read the subject and from header of all my messages, and if it looks important I continue reading. I have about 8K emails in the 5K unread folder right now, and I have about 7K in that 6K unread folder as well. Most of my emails are from here or another site I am on, or some other subscription I have.

For example, of the eight emails I have already gotten today, two are from here and six are notifications from another site.

I usually don't need to read about 75% of my emails.

Thanks,

EBrown

Well this topic went over like a lead balloon lol

All I know is I use 2 monitors lol

right now I have 23" LED 2ms monitor for gaming and a 19" for everything else on the side while I am gaming.

back in 04' was the last time I used a single monitor set up

in 05' I picked up a second crt and never looked back lol

Edited by ybnrmalatall