How to turf old data?

RWC

I want to erase history and start a new test.

How do I do it?

R

Well, the easiest way to do this is to not delete anything... you never know, you might want to go back later and see your old results.  Instead, filter your search by date.  ... you've taken a lot of tests today but by tomorrow you can filter off your results from today and prior to only show the more recent results.

post-2-0-97887800-1361665495_thumb.png

You can also delete individual results by clicking the X to the right of the result in the list.

post-2-0-90121100-1361666336_thumb.png

post-2-0-99825800-1361666286_thumb.png

Although, I don't allow multiple selection, so deleting 100+ results is a little annoying.  One... at... a... time...  I will be adding a reset and multiple selection in the near future.  But right now, those are the options.

... Actually, one more option.  Use Extra Identifiers, select a different ID for different speed test experiments... use those IDs later to filter your results to only the tests you want.  The names don't necessarily need to be an accurate description, 'bedroom' for instance could just be a name you give your tests taken in Firefox.  Future versions of TestMy.net will allow you to name your own IDs by the way.  

Selection is in a few areas of the site... but only available when using the default server in Texas

post-2-0-86610100-1361666146_thumb.png

post-2-0-05807000-1361666115_thumb.png

Then filter your results to display only tests taken under that ID...

post-2-0-84861900-1361666128_thumb.png