Mobile Friendly Site?

Down at the bottom... click mobile.  Personally, I like the full site on any phone I use.  I just hold the phone in landscape and zoom when needed.  Once you switch it to mobile it will remember that until you clear your cookies.

How in the hell am I supposed to see that? Lol I feel like Mobile-Themed should be default and non-mobile should be an option. The 720p screen on this phone is less than 5" across...that's a huge amount of pixels per inch.

Oh well, now that I found it maybe I can actually do a test and not have to wait forever fro it to load.

Thanks,

EBrown

How in the hell am I supposed to see that? Lol I feel like Mobile-Themed should be default and non-mobile should be an option. The 720p screen on this phone is less than 5" across...that's a huge amount of pixels per inch.

Oh well, now that I found it maybe I can actually do a test and not have to wait forever fro it to load.

Thanks,

EBrown

I have a iPhone5 and DroidX, both 4" displays... I like it better without the mobile theme.  It used to default to the mobile theme, since I changed it visitors from mobile devices are actually way up.  

... I'm starting to shy away from doing multiple layouts because I feel that people will be using their devices browsers much like desktop browsers.  You might not be doing that now, but I bet you will.  It saves me time that I can put towards other efforts.

What I could do, and I think this would make everyone happy, is add a notice for mobile detected users.  Nonintrusive, but visible on the page unless hidden.  Asking if you'd like to simplify the layout.

the full browser site looks good on an iPad. I don't use the mobile optimized version. The site seems pretty well behaved on an iPad - it's actually quite good compared to even some so-called Mac sites.

Thanks, I use the site often on my iPad so I try to make it work right with it.  It has a little different feel than a desktop, it definitely processes information differently... you can see by how the progress bar loads.  Before I got my iPad I was using Xcode to emulate it... I think it's awesome that the emulator feels exactly how the real iPad does.  Really helped me develop for it when I didn't have one.  

I've noticed that the iPad definitely has its speed limitations... no matter how fast the connection you're on.  Maybe software limited... I have a Retina iPad (my iPad Speed Test Results).  Best I've seen is ~ 43Mbps / 5Mbps but only an average of 18.8 Mbps / 3.7 Mbps... on a 150/20 Mbps connection.  Granted, the best I've seen on this supposed 150 Mbps / 20 Mbps connection is 95/15 --- but even at that speed it's obvious that the iPad isn't going to go faster, it has more than enough on tap if it were able to.  I bet with some software modification it could go faster.....

My speed limitation is with my ISP. My iPad TMN speed measurements are about the same on the iPad as they are on the iMac which is a wired Ethernet thru my AirPort Extreme, gigabit switch to my router which is 10/100. The modem I have is a Motorola SurfBoard DOCISS 2 and my ISP Time Warner's RoadRunner is a 15 Mbps down/1 Mbps up turbo service....cheap. The iPad gives me speeds right at the ISP's 15 Mbps rating, sometimes higher. The iMac is maybe 10-15% faster usually. So my RoadRunner package limits my speed.

The TMN website acts really well on the iPad Safari. I don't do much measuring on my iPhone 4, because with the iPad, I don't do much on the web with the phone because of all the re-sizing you have to do to read stuff. the iPad is way better.