Come on somebody put up a Seattle or Portland speed test server

jimeee

I am not getting satisfactory results for testing my highest speed from any of the servers available now.  I don't know if it is a bandwidth problem or what but none of the available ones work well for me.  I hope somebody can put up a speed test server in Portland, OR or Seattle, WA soon...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Jim

===

Hey, I've got an idea -- run a test to 127.0.0.1 -- now that will give you awesome results :P

j/k man, if your not getting decent results from any of the servers , try looking into the issue s testing closer will not do you any good in finding the real issues see

Have you done a traceroute to the main testmy.net server, or a ping test , all this will lead you to the slowest hop in your route.

Here's a test to the cupertino server , and I'm at work with a 30/2 connection , in Ohio to california

K47sdxC.png

yJbVMqg.png

Here is Los Angeles server

hPlJYaQ.png

gnlNV92.png

Here is Europe

90dx2H6.png

AwhtULQ.png

Dallas CDN

MRVYE7T.png

I am not getting satisfactory results for testing my highest speed from any of the servers available now.  I don't know if it is a bandwidth problem or what but none of the available ones work well for me.  I hope somebody can put up a speed test server in Portland, OR or Seattle, WA soon...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Jim

===

The question is... why are you getting poor results to Texas?  There are A LOT of websites hosted there, to get poor results there is really bad.

It does help having something to compare to.  So I'm putting the Seattle and Washington DC servers back up.  I'm going to take a little time to rebuild the server image.  Once it's done I'll clone it to Seattle, DC and Amsterdam ... and I might as well put one up in Singapore too while I'm at it.  I know there are tons of people in Asia, India and Australia that would get good use out of a mirror in Asia.

Sorry that I took them down for a little bit.  My new home server is significantly more expensive than it was before, on top of that I'm having to buy extra 5 TB blocks bandwidth to meet the demand, it's not cheap.  But after a little time to let that settle in, I realize that I can justify the extra servers.

While I'm putting that together I've got another server provisioning for you right now for you to use for the time being.  I'll update this thread once it's ready.  ;)  ...all I ask is that if you like the site, tell people.

Still working on it... Washington D.C. server is online now...  https://testmy.net/mirror -- just waiting on Singapore and Seattle to provision.  I was able to setup the new image faster than the other Seattle server finished so I'm going to cancel that.  

I'll update this thread when it's online.

Today, I'm unable to complete any test using the "Select Test Size" option. When I attempt it, the page just cycles back and no test is run(either up or down). If I choose "Express" or "Smartest", a test is run with very poor results yet I'm logged off the site! My default testmy site is Dallas (Georgetown). This has been occurring since early (0630cst) this morning. I'm using Wildblue-Exede-Viasat. At 0815, I called my ISP and asked if they were experiencing the same problem. They ran a quick test from their Comcast (Cable Modem) office system and encountered the same thing I get here in my home office. Any ideas what's happening? The testmy site is excellent and I've had no problems until today. Any response(s) greatly appreciated. Jerry in Central TX; login is fmrusmcrntx.

Something is amuck for sure. I'm getting the same results as yourself.

Lets see if we can't grab the attention of the boss -- hold tight, and thanks for bringing this up !

Thanks, the problem is resolved, I just ran a set of up & down tests via the Dallas node and worked like a champ. I do note that the "copy to clipboard" function is again disabled, but I know how to "copy & paste". Appreciate your and ca3le's fine work & support; great website!!! Very best regards, jerry in TX (fmrusmcrntx) (WildBlue-Exede-Viasat) :)