More local test servers

I am testing network connections for which the traffic is predominantly within Ireland. Would it be possible to provide a target server within Ireland to make these tests more representative of the infrastructure they are representing?

I got your email, at least I assume that was you. As I replied in the message...

Hi CCS1,

Ahhhh Ireland, I dream of visiting my forefathers home land.  I'm going to make it a goal to visit in the next couple of years.  I'm 3/4 Irish 1/4 German.

Yes, we can totally setup a server, where ever you'd like.  If you go to https://testmy.net/mirror you will see information on becoming a host.  For you to create your own private speed test you'd have to first setup a server.  This doesn't have to be a crazy expensive server.  A VPS with a good connection to the Internet will do the trick.

I don't know how much you know about servers... or setting something up like this.  But if you have somewhat of an understanding of that stuff it's a very simple install process.  If you don't know about that stuff, get a server and send me the root credentials and I'll take care of everything for you.  Free of charge.  You of course have to supply the VPS.  If you search Ireland VPS you'll get an idea of what those cost.  You want to make sure that you get one that's well connected in a good datacenter so make sure you read reviews and do research.

Another thing you could do... ask your ISP to host the test.  Tell them you want it.  Maybe they'll oblige.

I also have a server in NL that you might want to check out if you haven't already, on the same page.  Another thing to consider is that you probably visit a lot of servers outside of Ireland... probably more often than inside Ireland.  The speeds you get to the other servers are going to be more realistic than numbers within Ireland.  But if it's closer it does give you a better idea of the capabilities of your connection.