Can old test results be mass deleted?

jackdashack
Go to solution Solved by CA3LE,

I seem to be able only to do them one at a time with Chrome. Is there anyway to delete old results en masse or is no one concerned about the server space they take up? Thanks Jack ":-D

There will be multiple / mass delete and select options in the next database upgrade. I should have that for you all soon. But no, I'm not at all concerned about the space taken up. I encourage my users to never delete records. It's kinda cool to look back your history. Especially once you've gathered years of results. I'm more concerned about my bandwidth... Storage is never an issue. My main server has 500 GB free on raid 5 SSD... It will take billions of entries before space would be an issue. Bandwidth on the other hand...

I'm going to have to order 10+ TB in advance for next month if I want to get it at half price. Luckily the public supports my advertisers so I can afford the kind of hosting this site needs to be accurate and also support so many users. ... thanks everyone. I promise to continue developing this as well as upgrading my hardware and networking as demand rises. Traffic to TestMy.net is hitting harder than it has in many years... I figure without changing anything I can comfortably support 5X current traffic. Well over 100k users a day. And if we need more test resource... I'll put it online in an instant. Just keep spreading the word. TestMy.net is word-of-mouth only. I appreciate the support.

I remembered another reason that I posted but had forgotten. When you run tests on multiple machines there seems to be no way to separate the results. I'd like to be corrected on that one if so. It would be nice. I wanted to go back to yesterdays results but realized I didn't know if the results were one pc or the other?   Jack ":-D

• 1 year later...
  • Solution

I seem to be able only to do them one at a time with Chrome.  Is there anyway to delete old results en masse or is no one concerned about the server space they take up?  Thanks  Jack  " :grin:

Took me a while to get to it... but you can now mass delete.  Select check boxes next to the result or select all at the top.  Execute with the delete button at the top.

post-2-0-96361600-1413254431_thumb.png

This is something I just added quickly.  Later, I'll make a small floating options list pop up that will have organize and delete options when you check boxes.  For now... this is WAY better than the previous one... at... a... time... delete.

• 3 weeks later...

Can we mass delete old speed tests yet?  I've run several auto tests at various times over the last couple of years, and the old stuff isn't relevant, and the data gets in the way of my spreadsheet-based analysis of the numbers when I do an export.

Any way to blow away existing results?

Took me a while to get to it... but you can now mass delete.  Select check boxes next to the result or select all at the top.  Execute with the delete button at the top.

WOW! had forgotten all about this. Well I know you have been busy CA3LE with things higher up the priority list. I will check it out soon! Thanks for your committment! jack ":-Dx

Can we mass delete old speed tests yet?  I've run several auto tests at various times over the last couple of years, and the old stuff isn't relevant, and the data gets in the way of my spreadsheet-based analysis of the numbers when I do an export.

rgarland, I think CA3LE has answered this right above your post. :)

Under My Results check the boxes next to the results you'd like to delete then click the red X. If you have a huge number to delete change the "results/page" to show more then click the checkbox at the top to select all.

post-2-0-25296200-1414599054.jpg

You can achieve the same result without deleting anything by filtering your results.  Change the "Days" field to only show that many days back.  

post-2-0-32177300-1414598917.png