TiP Data graphing per Result

iceb
Go to solution Solved by CA3LE,

TiP Data graphing per Result,

As reported in https://testmy.net/ipb/topic/30630-tip-measurement-summary/page-2#entry339033

…Does not work !?

I've tried Mac desktop Safari, Firefox, Opera nor iOS Safari.

You don't see this on the result page?  It's also under "Your Results" if you click the test ID in the details below the graph.

Here's a result I clicked under yours...

post-2-0-97053000-1364877316_thumb.png

Testing iOS Safari

- Cookie tweaks & iPad Restart > does _not_ resolve issue

- Clear Cookies & Data, and iPad Restart > does _not_ resolve issue

Test Mercury browser V7.3 (*1) > does _not_ resolve issue

--Note1 curious Version Number reporting quirk as app says 7.3

and iOS AppStore reports V7.3,

But TMN reports User Agent is 7.2!? I'll check with Dev.

I have other iOS browsers which I have not used too much but

I won't test yet. I'll check the Apple forums, etc re: Safari.

---

I am using OpenDNS servers and not ISP DNS servers.

Edited by iceb

I have just reverted to ISP DNS, but no glory seeing the TiP Data graph.

Tested on: Mac desktop Safari, Firefox 14(with default (virgin) profile), iOS Safari.

Other graphs I _do_ see:

- /results

- /quickstats/iceb

- /memberstats

- ?are there other graphs?…besides the above & TiP

Do you source your web HTML, JS, jQuery from _only_ TMN & TMNstatic (CDN) hosts?

…I ask 'cause I use OpenDNS for _more_ than DNS resolving, but also _block_

crud|malware|spam|pr0n sites as well as some(?) ADvert sites/CDNs.

Edited by iceb

I have just reverted to ISP DNS, but no glory seeing the TiP Data graph.

Tested on: Mac desktop Safari, Firefox 14(with default profile), iOS Safari.

Other graphs I _do_ see:

- /results

- /quickstats/iceb

- /memberstats

- ?are there other graphs?…besides the above & TiP

Do you source your web HTML, JS, jQuery from _only_ TMN & TMNstatic (CDN) hosts?

…I ask 'cause I use OpenDNS for _more_ than DNS resolving, but also _block_

crud|malware|spam|pr0n sites as well as some(?) ADvert sites/CDNs.

If you can see the other graphs then it's probably not an issue with the actual graph itself.  There is probably something within the server-side (php) code turning the variable off that turns that on and off... the thing is, I could have sworn that I wrote that to not log in those situations so it has me scratching my head as to why it's not showing.  If it's not showing because of the server-side code... it shouldn't log the data either.  I'll take a dip in the code and make sure.

You should whitelist *.testmy.net and *.tmnstatic.com in any firewalls and Internet security suites you may be running.  Although, some already have testmy.net whitelisted because it's been a trusted, safe resource for so long... they probably don't have tmnstatic.com whitelisted.  As I'm sure you noticed since you mentioned it, I use tmnstatic.com to deliver TMNs static content, but not really for CDN purpose. I use that domain name to host static content like js, css, png, gif, jpg, etc... from a cookieless domain. This cuts down on request headers (making the downloads of those files a tiny bit smaller) and also helps load the site faster because it tricks your browser into opening more connections to load the page. There are additional benefits to doing it that way too.

... it's very possible this is client-end. But I highly doubt it has to do with the data from tmnstatic.com not loading or something like that.  If that was the case, all the graphs wouldn't load for you.  They all work on the same codebase.  No matter what the graph looks like, they're all called upon by the same part of the program. Try loading a default browser with all your bells and whistles turned off. I sounds like you like to customize your browser and that you may have other variables on your end that could be an issue.  But I'll look into the code and see if anything jumps out at me.

... By the way.  I know this isn't your issue but it could be for someone who reads this... the following isn't for you iceb.

If you don't see TiP data first make sure that you're doing a download test, they only display for download test results.  Second, check the file size, TiP data only displays for test sizes over 1.5MB.

update: Made a minor edit, but I don't really think it would make a difference... but it might. It was really the only variable that I could think of that might cause it not to show in that way...  Give it a try again, who knows - your previous example

Your variable tweak…didn't help :(…yet as I'm still running same browser instances, so will test again with fresh/clean browsers

Any firewalls in net modem|router are in _defaults_.

The OSX firewall is _default_ state with some known OSX App, file share blocks; also running

TCPBlock which I have just set to log _all_ Blocking AND Allow actions, just-in-case

• Solution

Your variable tweak…didn't help :sad:…yet as I'm still running same browser instances, so will test again with fresh/clean browsers

Any firewalls in net modem|router are in _defaults_.

The OSX firewall is _default_ state with some known OSX App, file share blocks; also running

TCPBlock which I have just set to log _all_ Blocking AND Allow actions, just-in-case

TiP Data graphing per Result,

As reported in https://testmy.net/ipb/topic/30630-tip-measurement-summary/page-2#entry339033

…Does not work !?

I've tried Mac desktop Safari, Firefox, Opera nor iOS Safari.

Okay... I'm a jackass. :sad1:   :tard:  I got a chance to look deeper into this. Ened up that I had a variable set to tell it to only display for me... just me specifically. I often do that when I work because I work on the site live with traffic. I have it only display things for me so I can debug them before they go live. Seems I forgot to remove the variable from one little area, all it takes to turn it all off. Lol, nobody's even seen the TiP graph outside of the results page.   :evil6:  Sometimes the late nights get to me, human error.

Should be working for everyone now. At least I know it works good before it truly went live, it's been working without an issue perfectly for me since I released it.  I still can't believe I missed that for this long. Thanks for trying to let me know over a week ago. Sorry I was too busy to get into until just now.

:occasion14: