Name the testsSpecific test IDs

CA3LE. Is there a way your site can recognize whether a phone is on WiFi or on a cellular network? Probably easier for us to do it manually - Maybe you could add some labels like iPhone Detected (cellular) and iPhone Detected (WiFi). My iPhone results history is a mix of 3G and Wifi. My iPad is Wifi only, but some have cellular capability, so maybe extra labels for them too.

I live in a mobile enviroment.  It would sure be nice to Put a Name/Location to a test.

I've added compatibility for multiple identifiers.  Enjoy!

CA3LE. Is there a way your site can recognize whether a phone is on WiFi or on a cellular network? Probably easier for us to do it manually - Maybe you could add some labels like iPhone Detected (cellular) and iPhone Detected (WiFi). My iPhone results history is a mix of 3G and Wifi. My iPad is Wifi only, but some have cellular capability, so maybe extra labels for them too.

I added a WiFi identifier to the drop down.  I know of a way I can detect that with android 2.2+, if I can figure it out for iPhone I'll enable wifi detection for mobile devices.  Give me some time on that.

Please let me know if you see anything out of the ordinary.

By the way... if anyone has any issues.  First, clear your cookies.  This update can be effected by old cookies saved in your browser.  You need only clear the cookies for TestMy.net... most people will be unaffected.

-D

I don't think you need to automatically detect if a phone is on Wifi or 3G or whatever. Just change/add the identifiers in the pop-up list.

iPhone Detected (Wifi)

iPhone Detected (cellular)

iPad Detected (Wifi)

iPad Detected (cellular)

We can pick the one we want to store data In. They wouldn't necessarily have to be iPhones and iPads. They could just be called phones and tablets. We can choose the identifier before running the tests. That way we can have separate data files for 3G and Wifi. And it wouldn't take a lot of effort on your part trying to identify it automatically.

When I look back at my iPhone history speed tests, I don't get a representative average because the Wifi and 3G test data is all together. Most of the time I'm testing on my iPhone I'm on wifi because 3G is so pathetic ( I only use it when I absolutely have to-data limits, poor performance) and I have no data limits on wifi.