difference in testmy.net and my browser test

29srinath

24858391747.png is using my testmy.net and I use maxthon browser which shows my upload and download speed dynamically. It never shows my download speed more than 28KB/s but this site says mine is 34KB/s... which one to belive? Even the app in my android which shows downloading speed results dynamically never crosses 30KB/s mark

The difference between the two is so small , chances are greater than not , since the browsers dynamic is constantly changing , as the data flow does, that testmy.net is equating the movement with a bit more math. Hence a more true result. Yet at these speeds , discrepancies can vary widely, due to network traffic as well as memory usage on your local machine, not to mention HDD seek times ect.

You should run the auto test for a few hours, and see what the average is.

I don't know how they're doing the calculation but I've seen programs like that be flat out wrong. However, I agree with mudmanc4 that it's within the range of acceptable variance.

Usually programs like that report faster speeds than TestMy.net, slightly.  This is due to network overhead. It could be attempting to account for overhead.  A variable that I don't take into my calculations... because it's too variable.

Hope this helps, keep visiting and tell your friends.  TestMy.net is word-of-mouth.

-D