help ! what is the problem of this ?

eptls
Go to solution Solved by eptls,

hi all~~ 

i need help of this  problem of my printer phaser 3124 attach the  pic .

the attention light blinking  red .

i try clear the all paper jam, vacum ,cleaning ,when put the paper in the tray the light blinking red .

but still can printing .. 

does anyone know how to fix this problem "?

thanks ~~~

post-37891-0-82439600-1365649209_thumb.j

hi all~~ 

i need help of this  problem of my printer phaser 3124 attach the  pic .

the attention light blinking  red .

i try clear the all paper jam, vacum ,cleaning ,when put the paper in the tray the light blinking red .

but still can printing .. 

does anyone know how to fix this problem "?

thanks ~~~

attachicon.gifIMAG0365.jpg

To tell you the truth dude, I'd bet it has to do with the sensor that senses a paper jam. That light, if I'm not mistaken, is mostly to inform you of low toner or a paper jam.  Could also be the door sensor, I think that light will come on if the door is open too. If somehow one of those switches broke that senses if there is a paper jam or the door is open it's very possible it would still print perfectly but the light will remain on.  As long as it's working... who cares though.  :-P  -- isn't Xerox Phaser pretty old, I'd be happy that it works at all. Maybe that's just me.

Either its a driver issue, or your printer is bad. I would try to either update your drivers, or uninstall them, then try a re install. It could be the cord that hooks your printer to your computer. 

Just a few ideas I hope help. 

It isn't drivers.  If it was a driver issue the computer wouldn't have a way to communicate with the printer.  He wouldn't be able to print and the computer couldn't have a way to even tell the printer to turn on the error light. Remember drivers are instruction sets, if the computer doesn't have the instructions for that printer... it can't communicate with it. I would bet money that this issue is hardware not software related.

Oh cool , the flashy light that won't quit !

I love those , last time we came aross something like this it was as has been said a broken tab on that paper jam switch, the time before that it was the light that does the scanning was puked out.

Hell if it does still print for you , and the light bugs you , my  ' professional advice ' on this one , would be to grab a slice of electrical tape for the red blinker :P

• Solution
mudm

Oh cool , the flashy light that won't quit !

I love those , last time we came aross something like this it was as has been said a broken tab on that paper jam switch, the time before that it was the light that does the scanning was puked out.

Hell if it does still print for you , and the light bugs you , my  ' professional advice ' on this one , would be to grab a slice of electrical tape for the red blinker :P

hahaha can not do that ~~~ but i found the problem change NEW ORG TONER ....

now working good thankls~~~  :azn:

• CA3LE locked this topic