new build done

well here's my new build. up and running like a beast.

i7 3770k

thermaltake frio ock

cooler master haf x full tower

samsung 120gb ssd

1tb data drive

Lg bluray drive

8gb ddr3 1600 ram

powercolor 7970

850 gold rated corsair psu

23 inch 1080p monitor

gigabyte ....im too tired to rememberthe number.... d3h mobo

post-28921-0-06124300-1365924068_thumb.j

post-28921-0-40445300-1365924070_thumb.j

post-28921-0-47100400-1365924072_thumb.j

post-28921-0-21258800-1365924075_thumb.j

post-28921-0-31965300-1365924077_thumb.j

sorry for blurry images. i took them with my phone and my hands arent exactly steady.

as close to an instant cold boot to ready as humanly possible it seems lol. tried far cry 3 and bf3 ultra settings, cant even get a stutter if i try.  also had a video i edited in sony vegas 11 of a 30 minute hockey game i recorded from the ps3 and it only  took like 20 to 30 minutes to render and save from scratch. which the settings i used i figured it would have taken like 2 hours.

temperature wise...well here's a screenshot of my temps. (btw my gpu fan hasnt gone to 100% unless i make it manually. and the cpu fan i never mess with the speed, i keep it at just under 2000 rpm. as the push pull setup on the 130mm fans on the heatsink work fine LOL.

post-28921-0-85326700-1366076263_thumb.j

btw, this screenshot was taken after i had loaded up a game and stuff so the temps went down a bit, but still that is a badass temperature for overall anyway.

as a whole though, this thing is a frickin beast. im 110% happy with how it came out.

• 2 weeks later...

as close to an instant cold boot to ready as humanly possible it seems lol. tried far cry 3 and bf3 ultra settings, cant even get a stutter if i try.  also had a video i edited in sony vegas 11 of a 30 minute hockey game i recorded from the ps3 and it only  took like 20 to 30 minutes to render and save from scratch. which the settings i used i figured it would have taken like 2 hours.

temperature wise...well here's a screenshot of my temps. (btw my gpu fan hasnt gone to 100% unless i make it manually. and the cpu fan i never mess with the speed, i keep it at just under 2000 rpm. as the push pull setup on the 130mm fans on the heatsink work fine LOL.

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

btw, this screenshot was taken after i had loaded up a game and stuff so the temps went down a bit, but still that is a badass temperature for overall anyway.

as a whole though, this thing is a frickin beast. im 110% happy with how it came out.

Damn dude!  Your running just above ambient air temperature.  That's awesome.  I love your 'thesuspect' on the side, very clean.  Looks like you silkscreened it or something. Hard to tell in the pic, could be vinyl.  ... nice build.  Smart sticking with Windows 7.

its actually laser engraved. its the name i use most often in gaming. more or less what i'm known by. and thanks CA3LE. i put a ton of work into getting this thing.

and yeah so far with BF3 on ultra settings, i havent even heard the gpu fan spin up. i've ramped it up purposely to make sure it works, but so far its not needed. overall i consider my build a 10/10 for the next few years. just sucks that the next intel cpus coming out probably wont be compatible with my mobo.

Sweet Build Ryan. Just finished up my LAST build myself. Build enough computers, This one will be my last. The older I get, the less geek I become. 

Esh the amount of money and Time I have wasted on computers. Find myself, caring, and messing with computers less and less. If you care, this is what I put together. 

Yes I know 16 gig of ram is overkill, had some problems getting my computer done and sent, so they gave me 8 gigs and a Better power supply for free to make up for all the hassle. I was happy with that. 

Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 AM3 and AM3+

Thermaltake TR2 RX-850 ATX12V & EPS12V Power Supply 850W

AMD Fx 8350 4 GHz  8 Core Processor

16 Gigs of Corsair Vengence Ram 1600 Megahertz. 

Antec Kohler 920 Liquid Cooling System

Asus GTX660Ti Video card

120Gb Intel Solid State Drive

250 GB Sata Hard drive (for lynix)

2 Segate 1tb Sata hard drives.

DG Audio Card

Windows 7 pro 64 bit.

that is a sweet build man. i like the case too. its one i have actually used before building for someone else.

and that SSD is one heck of a difference between boot times and everything.

by the way, i also got myself a new microphone for audio recording. as my turtle beach x12's are a bit too loud even after messing with settings.

i now have a BLUE snowball ice and THE POP universal pop filter. (also blue brand). this thing is amazing quality wise. ugly but effective.

NinjaGeek, i really like your build and hope it brings ya some awesome moments.

IMHO, Ryan, the builds we just did are gonna last us a long time. With Desk Tops becoming a thing of the past, I THINK Intel and AMD are gonna start giving more attention to the mobile market, and us desk top users are gonna see upgrades to the cpu becoming less and less. Just wont see any big jumps in speeds IMHO.

Oh man, when I was debating my build, I was thinking of going with INTEL, so I did my research, Man the FANBOYS make it tough to make a informed choice. 

Websites that pick and choose what to benchmark so either AMD or INTEL look good, or bad. In the end, I went with AMD, but knew I needed a closed loop water cooler because it ran so warm. 

I only went with AMD is because it was less expensive, and placing my bets on it offered more long term value. The kicker is with the 8350, putting a closed loop water cooler on it, i could of got a Intel for that kind of money, So I really did not save much with AMD. 

Simply can not tell the future. That Intel build you put together is just SWEET. Think its gonna last you a long time and give you some great performance. 

I am not really a fan of AMD, or INTEL, I am a fan of what does the job I want, at a price I can afford. Always thought it was a Chevy vs Ford Debate. Both really nice, Both have the good and Bad, and one good power surge, and both chips are Toast. HA!!!

I used the big brother of the last build I made, which I used the Cool Master Storm Scout Mid Tower Case. Nice case, I find the carrying handle on both cases I own to be SO handy. 

Do agree with most, if you really wanna see your computer get snappy, put in a SSD.  You will Really notice a difference in a big way. 

Edited by ninjageek