ATi beats Nvidia... Again

ice

http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews/review.php?dXJsX3Jldmlld19JRD03NTgmdXJsX3BhZ2U9MQ==

They show some 3DMark, games, and other things. Looks like ATi is still the leader, just like I thought. Still better with the use of AA and AF performance wise.

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjEx

There's another one.

The X800Pro should be selling in major retail online outlets today, May 4th, and selling for an MSRP of $399. The X800XT Platinum Edition will begin shipping to retailers by May 21st and will be sold at an MSRP of $499. As usual, those MSRP prices will deflate somewhat quickly if the supply is available that ATI assures us there is.

When it comes right down to it the X800Pro matches or beats the GeForce 6800Ultra in game performance and IQ. Compare the price, performance, and IQ of the ATI Radeon X800Pro with the GeForce 6800Ultra, and the X800Pro definitely stacks up as the better value than the 6800Ultra. NVIDIA is today launching an even higher clocked Ultra, no doubt in response to the X800XT-PE. We have yet to even see a retail 6800Ultra for any of the partners so currently I would consider these a non-issue. Also, a lower clocked 6800GT is being introduced but this card is simply not currnetly going to play in the same ballpark with the X800 series from ATI.

The Radeon X800XT Platinum Edition goes even further and burns through these games like a hot knife through butter, besting NVIDIA

Nvidia is re releasing a ultra 2 version that is going to have different clock speeds... It should get close to the xt version... Or that is what they say... PCI express... that is a huge factor.. I dont think Nvidia is even in that development group yet...

Nvidia is re releasing a ultra 2 version that is going to have different clock speeds... It should get close to the xt version... Or that is what they say... PCI express... that is a huge factor.. I dont think Nvidia is even in that development group yet...

Yeah, because they know they got their ass kicked with the first batch, so they now have to put out a card on steroids just to compete.

If you look at it that way... Or this is the way I see it... ATI had the advantage to begin with... Nvidia launched first the ATI. So ATI had all of the specs of the Nvidia card and I read on the the inquirer.com that ATI changed the speed of its card just before release.. I cant find the article right now... Here is are some of the benchmark for the new Nvidia cards... It looks like the Nvidia is up on top again... http://www.tomshardware.com/hardnews/20040504_090001.html I was not as impressed with the ATI launch as much as the Nvidia launch...

If you look at it that way... Or this is the way I see it... ATI had the advantage to begin with... Nvidia launched first the ATI. So ATI had all of the specs of the Nvidia card and I read on the the inquirer.com that ATI changed the speed of its card just before release.. I cant find the article right now... Here is are some of the benchmark for the new Nvidia cards... It looks like the Nvidia is up on top again... http://www.tomshardware.com/hardnews/20040504_090001.html I was not as impressed with the ATI launch as much as the Nvidia launch...

I don't trust inquirer at all.

And I wouldn't say they are ahead again, Call of Duty is an Open GL game, isn't it? ATi wins every other test yet again. It's closer, but ATi is still faster in those benchmarks.

Our benchmark results however reveal that the performance increase is not enough to outpace ATI's X800 on all levels.

That's from the tomshardware article right there. How can you be less impressed with ATi's when it did what the Nvidia did and more? Plus having a 167% increase over the 9700Pro in some tests? That is insane.

Both cards are blazing, but ATi is still the winner.

Yeha i guess ATI is the winner... But I still give credit to Nvidia for the balls they have... Releasing first is the hardest thing to do... I will be interested to see if the PCI express actually makes any difference at all... I think late summer is the projected release date... The Inquirer does have most of the stuff right... This isnt related to the mag in the store you see with the alien baby... :lol: Hell if tom's hardware is using them for info... I think that they are a good source... Hey do you get a free copy of Half-Life 3 with this new card :lol: Sorry about that I just had to put that in... Cause after all it has been almost 5 months, I think, since the 9800XT was released... :roll: I dont know about you but some of the screen shots that have been taken from games on both the Nvidia and ATI card have been more in favor of Nvidia... Their picture is more realistic.. Here is what I am talking about.. http://www20.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040504/ati-x800-32.html The Nvidia shot looks softer and more realistic... That is just my opinion... The ATI screenshots are not a fair, in my opinion, way of compairing the cards... Nvidia isnt running the same program or using the same screen shots...

:P I love these kinds of talks about puter stuff......its like my Chevy can beat your ford....hehehe but the cool thing is both of these company's are making a pretty cool product that we get to "HOT ROD" and the more competition the better it is for us....in my way of thinking....but it is win ,win both of you guys have valid and good points...... me I just love seeing the quality of what we use on our computers getting better all the time.....very cool......thank for the info from both of you guys.. :D

8) Microwave

Their picture is more realistic.. Here is what I am talking about.. http://www20.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040504/ati-x800-32.html The Nvidia shot looks softer and more realistic... That is just my opinion... The ATI screenshots are not a fair, in my opinion, way of compairing the cards... Nvidia isnt running the same program or using the same screen shots...

I guess it is your opinion, because ATi is known for having the better AA and AF, as well as most of the other IQ too.

I'm not trying to start anything, but I have read just about every review for every card, and it always comes down to ATi having the better IQ.

sorry that links wasnt working... I guess it does just come down to what you like... I personally like Nvidia, go figure, and with how this sector of the computer business there will always be the giant line between the Nvidia fans and ATI fans... :)

:) Ice,

Thanks for the link,I don't think anyone thought you were starting anything....in fact I was being a smart ass by my comments..... I was just trying to razz you and swimmer thats all....sorry I wasn't trying to offend either of you guys..... I really do enjoy the information people provide,this is what allows me and others to make an informed decision when shopping for computer goodies:):) which we all seem to have an interest in...again no disrespect meant to either of you guys,keep posting your ideas, in my opinion thats one more thing that makes ca3le guys site so cool!!!!

:oops: Microwave

Hey no this is what it is all about... To your point if you go to a retail store that carries both cards most likely some stupid ass guy might try and sell you some really crappy card... What you are seeing right now is 2 people who are some what well informed attempting to persuade you to, may be next time you purchace a new card, go with one company or the other... I love talking about this stuff and would never mean to offend ICE or anyone else on this forum... By no means was ICE starting anything...

Man too bad our government doesn't use ANY of that democracy you guys used....lol

Just to throw my ignoramous opinion into the mix... :) I absolutely love both companies to death!!! Why.... because they push each other to the max. I remember when NVidia was the clear cut king of video cards. ATI caught up and all hell broke lose and us consumers have reaped the rewards of that competition ever since.

Yeah I was an NVidia fanboi back in the day but that is not the case anymore. All of us gamers should feel lucky as hell to have 2 video card companies fighting for king-of-the-hill. If there were only one video card company I guarantee my current video card would have probably been much much later to market and on top of that the price would have been worse than it already was. Also new technologies are coming harder and quicker with every new product release because of this fight!!!

I LOVE YOU BOTH ATI & NVIDIA!!! :lol:

:) Ice,

Thanks for the link,I don't think anyone thought you were starting anything....in fact I was being a smart ass by my comments..... I was just trying to razz you and swimmer thats all....sorry I wasn't trying to offend either of you guys..... I really do enjoy the information people provide,this is what allows me and others to make an informed decision when shopping for computer goodies:):) which we all seem to have an interest in...again no disrespect meant to either of you guys,keep posting your ideas, in my opinion thats one more thing that makes ca3le guys site so cool!!!!

:oops: Microwave