XBox Live Speed test question

Cesar Colondres

You know I always wondered what the up/download speeds were from my XBox since I'm running wirelessly (not by choice). Well when M$ put a IE app on the XBox I was happy. So I found two HTML5 speed testers. testmy.net and speedof.me.

I did the test then to my surprise got a 1.5 MB download and a 2.7 MB upload results (average). I was surprised because I pay for 25 MB down and 20 MB up. So I decided to do the same test from my wireless laptop in the same room in the same spot my XBox is placed. I got 23 MB down and 19 MB up (on average). This test is from CA to a server in TX. So why the big difference in speeds??? while I also know ping is a major factor when it comes to game play, streaming video does not rely mostly on ping, its all about bandwidth. So I ask... does anybody know why the XBox speeds are so slow??? BTW before people ask; the XBox has a port opened (port forward) by itself. All games show my port as "open".

Also I don't see a ping result, am I overlooking something?

I replied to your other topic about ping...

I think that there is some kind of network or browser limitations on consoles. Everyone sees this on Xbox, ps3 and wii browsers. I haven't tested enough to know for sure... Would be nice if you can tweak the TCP settings somehow, so I can get my damn updates faster! It's normal... let us know if you find a way to pull more speed.

I replied to your other topic about ping...

I think that there is some kind of network or browser limitations on consoles. Everyone sees this on Xbox, ps3 and wii browsers. I haven't tested enough to know for sure... Would be nice if you can tweak the TCP settings somehow, so I can get my damn updates faster! It's normal... let us know if you find a way to pull more speed.

lol its not just browsers it is for thew system as a whole

it is a console, they dont want noobs being like, AHH I CANT DO ANYTHING WHILE PLAYING SEXBOX BLEGH

they wanna keep the kids playin xD

(no offense op) just a business move, not hating on console players, just console :P