what software can control computer ?

eptls

hi all... 

what the software can block or control other computer to access the internet anytime ?

thanks

a wireless router can do that without software if you mean setting up computers to where you can limit speeds, disable them from the internet between certain times, etc.

That's the way I'd do it too. If you're going to enable restrictions it's best to do it in a way that's out of the clients control.  They can't work around the router... software can be disabled.

To my knowledge all modern routers have features to do this.  You can restrict the entire network or by mac address to target specific computers on the network.  Check with the manufacture of your router... if you don't have a router I'd recommend linksys or netgear.  Look to spend between $69 and $150.

If you're on a network with a router already in place you can usually reach it at 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 in your browser. Default passwords are usually admin:admin or admin:1234 ... something along those lines. Obviously you want to change the password so the client doesn't gain access. There's no point if you leave the password default.   -- once you get in, play with the menus and settings, you'll figure it out.

... all easy to do once you know how. That's the right way to do it... a software solution should be a last resort in that situation in my opinion. Hardware restriction is much more secure and could only be bypassed if you remove the router... if you're doing this to restrict your child's time on the computer I'd suggest making sure that the modem and router and out of reach.  Smart kids will EASILY bypass ANY protection if you give them any slack.  You might setup a restriction then while your asleep... a little ethernet swap and BAM, full access.      

... I'm glad that my Mom didn't try to restrict my access. If she did this website wouldn't exist. Late nights learning programming when I was supposed to be getting rest for school the next day is what built my passion.  ... what may look to you today as games and wasted time could be a future industry. By over restricting your kids you could be retarding their development. My opinion.    --- there are obviously exceptions and sometimes you need to punish, I understand.  Just trust me when I tell you... it's not a bad thing that your kid spends too much time online. Imagine being a kid growing up with EVERYTHING at your fingertips. Can't blame them for wanting to learn. Don't over do the restrictions unless you want your kid growing up less prepared for the future.   

hi all... 

what the software can block or control other computer to access the internet anytime ?

thanks

Hey, by the way.  If you really want to do that with software a program called cold turkey looks really cool.  Free.

Pretty cool download page, you can pay for it if you want and give part of the money to charity if you want.  Or download it for free.

post-2-0-89202100-1368489223_thumb.png

I like that concept. I suggest you support them through that if you appreciate what they've built. I haven't used it so let us know what you think... I just did a little research and came up with that for you.

you can always get into trouble on the internet....just a lot faster with a high speed connection

I need to add a button next to the like button that says "double like" just for quotes like this one.