Really Need some advice on changing some settings!

ninjageek
Go to solution Solved by ninjageek,

OK, I am a online gamer. Yea, it lags from time to time. Now I just saw someone suggest this!!

If your using a realtek network adapter, They suggest trying this. 

Go into advance mode on the card settings, Disable  the TCP Check Sum and UPD Check Sum settings. By default they are set to to RX&TX Enabled. They seemed to think it MAY help. 

. Now I am on Windows 7. SO.......I know they said something about checking ping times to see if disabling these setting help or not. 

So in windows 7 how do I check the ping times.I am guessing lower ping times, better ping times. 

Playing Guid wars 2, so maybe I should check my ping times with them??? 

Yes I have everything written down so I can change it back. Just need to know Should I try it?? Or is it a BAD idea???  

Forgot to ask, if I do make changes to the card, Do I need to Reboot the computer every time???

Edited by ninjageek

Ok, Sorry been so long, My cable modem has been garbage of late. Just getting on the net is hit and miss. So, they dude is supposed to be here today to replace it. See how it goes. Gotta laugh,

The online game I plays LOTS are complaining about lag, Soooooooo  Not sure what im gonna do. Get the new modem going, see how it all works out. Will let you know. 

Ok, Sorry been so long, My cable modem has been garbage of late. Just getting on the net is hit and miss. So, they dude is supposed to be here today to replace it. See how it goes. Gotta laugh,

The online game I plays LOTS are complaining about lag, Soooooooo  Not sure what im gonna do. Get the new modem going, see how it all works out. Will let you know. 

I don't really see many people play guild wars 2 anymore :P

I never got a chance to play it before it died xD

Edited by ybnrmalatall

It just makes NO sense. I try to hook up a second computer to the router, the router fails  I get no connection to the net from either computer I disconnect the second computer, reboot modem, net works ok fine.   I got a new one from them. They will be back tommorow. My speeds just are just bad. I have rebooted the modem countless times, i scanned the computer, I even rolled back the the drivers, because I did update them. 

GF just tried to hook up to the wireless with her cell phone and it failed. I just don't understand it. 

Edited by ninjageek

• Solution

Finally got my connection fixed. Poor cable guy was here for over 2 hours. He was frustrated. It kept doing everything I said it did. Plug in the other computer, Modem crashes. Then when it does work it was REAL slow. 

He replaced just about everything. Started from the pole, to the house, to under the house, replaced all of it. Works great now. My game plays fine. No lag. 

So am I gonna change the settings. NOPE. Its not broke, i am not gonna fix it. 

Guess I just never really thought it was my connection, I mean my speeds were ok fine. But I was sure getting Lag, my Uploads and Downloads sure seemed ok fine. Even Did the ping test. 

Kinda Glad I gave the Cable Guy a Old AMD quad Core I have had for While and not being used. We were talking Computers, he was gonna overclock his AMD dual core, So I gave him my AMD quad core. He just went crazy.

Had to laugh, cause I thought after I gave it to him. No way I will Know how it worked out for him. Then we had to have the connection fixed again, the 2 hour ordeal I spoke of. He said, he feels like he earned the Quad Core, I agreed.