USB Feature on this new D-Link Modem/Router

jackdashack
Go to solution Solved by jackdashack,

When I really need answers I come to the place where the answers are always coherent and the guys are always knowledgeable and friendly and that's Testmy.net

I switched back to Verizon from Comcast a few weeks back. It's nice to be back to some sanity. Sorry, I know others might have had a great experience with Comcast but it was too much drama for me.

But back to Verizon they sent me a new D-Link Wireless ADSL2+ Router, also known as the DSL2750B.  It has a USB port in the back for a drive all the devices on wireless system can access. If anyone is familiar with this type of option on any of their routers do you think it's set up to handle an external USB Hard drive or just a Thumb Drive?

Thanks, that's it! Appreciate any input as always.  Jack  ":-D

• Solution

Actually I found the manual online and it seems to be pretty clear on this.  SEE POINT 3

Thanks to those that viewed.  Jack 

1 DSL Port Connect to an active telephone line (RJ-11).
2 LAN Ports (1-4) Connect Ethernet devices such as computers, switches, and hubs.
3 USB Port Connect a USB thumb drive or external hard drive and share files with 
users on your network.
4 WLAN Button Pressing this button to turn the Wireless feature on or off. 
5 Reset Button Pressing the Reset button for 10 seconds restores the modem to its 
original factory default settings.
6 ON/OFF Press this button to turn the unit on or off. 
7 Power Receptor Receptor for the supplied power adapter.
8 WPS Button Press the WPS button located on the side to a

I have an Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station wireless router and it has the USB port on it. The Mac OS recognized it right away, and I don't know why Windows wouldn't either in this day and age. It's pretty handy. I bought a 2 TB and partitioned it into 2 x 1 TB drives, one for me, and one for the wife. Both partitions showed up fine.