Buy TestMy.net

CA3LE

Hi Damon,

I am interested in the test.my site and wondered if you had or would consider selling it and if so if you have any sort of price in mind etc?

Sorry for such a speculative mail, but I thought I'd get to the point.

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mike,

Check out https://testmy.net/make-a-speed-test -- start the process and I'd love to get a custom test setup for you.

- Damon - TestMy.net

Hi Damon,

thanks for the reply. I was more on about for the whole site rather than just an actual speed test :)

Cheers

Mark

Oh, Sorry Mark, I misunderstood. I woke up at like 4:30, I answered your email half a sleep and went back to bed.  Haha. That's the kind of dedication I have to my website. I had 4 people ask me for speed tests yesterday and I guess I half read your message and assumed that was what you wanted. Oops, sorry.

I'm always interested when people ask me this question. About 6 months ago I had a serious offer.  Whoever it was had his broker call me, I guess the guy buys a lot of sites. I declined, they forgot a zero.   :wink:

My site is worth much more to me than money.  It would take a very serious offer to peak my interest.  8 figures, that would make me sleep on it.

You might not think that's worth it... I don't care because I'm not selling it anyway.  It's a strong growing market that I'm growing in. I believe very strongly in what I've built and I think it's only a matter of time before more people realize. For me to not see this to the end... it would be expensive for whoever was interested.  But that's because I know what I'm sitting on and I'm patient enough to wait.   :wink:  -- there is no other site that does what mine does, using only native browser technology. I also offer logging and auto testing functions that nobody has. It's only a matter of time before more people realize that I'm here. Watch, wait and see.

I appreciate your interest, shows me I'm on the right track,

Cheers,
- Damon Mueller - TestMy.net

Hi Damon,

thanks for the reply.

Alas, yes test.my is out of my price range but it's great to see how positive you see the future of the site and that you see the great value that you think it will achieve going forward.

I can see why your speed test could challenge as most of the speed test run similar to the speedtest.net site.

Do you have any speed tests hosted on other sites at present as I've been having a look at https://testmy.net/make-a-speed-test and trying to get my head around it :)

Cheers

Mark

Hi again Mark,

I want it to be out of peoples price range because I don't want to sell it. I've been actually getting a lot of emails asking the same thing.  Here's one that just came in a couple hours ago. 

"One of our TOP clients expressed interest in making an offer on buying your website business testmy.net. He would like to know more details (upon a signed NDA if you require) and if all things are fine and we come to an agreement as far as pricing, we could close a deal."

I'm happy that people are interested, like I said, it shows I'm on the right track.  But I just don't see myself selling it, I've really poured myself into TMN so much that selling it is like selling myself. So even when it's worth the figures I would want right now... I'll just change the price to something else that nobody would pay.  Haha.  I sabotage the possibility of selling it on purpose. Now when I feel like I've finished... I might want to sell it. Although I'm starting to feel like I can't finish it, there is always more I can do.

As for the "make a speed test". This is brand new, right now the mirrors function as my own mirrors do.  The host sets up TestMy.net on their server, TMN and the host server work together to provide the speed test.  TMN takes care of the heavy lifting like usernames, logging, results processing, statistics... the host server runs a controller that TMN calls upon, drawing off the host resources. This allows people to setup their own private speed test servers with minimal requirements on the host end.     --- later I'll offer ways to better integrate the service into websites.  Here's an example from a German website

Thanks again for the interest, keep visiting!
- Damon