Multithread Speed Test Results - Share & Compare

CA3LE

Multithread vs Classic Linear  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which test does your connection perform best under?

• Classic Linear
    • Multithread

Share your multithread speed test results and compare to the classic linear download test.

Post your own results however you want. 

Post a single result...

Verizon 4G LTE on my back patio.  iOS7 iPhone 5 hotspot to iPad 3.

Multithread
e7AYSgX.png

Classic
S3M4K7n.png

Or get deeper in your comparison

Adjusting the options can give you more insight into how your connection performs.  Here's what I've done in my example below.

First multithread result is testing to all US servers...
post-2-0-41454400-1379961823.png

... 2nd is testing to all international servers only.
post-2-0-77022500-1379962501.png

... 3rd is testing to all servers...
post-2-0-45550400-1379962111.png

To be more scientific I'm also manually selecting 100MB test each time.  If you want to get a consistent test size between your experiments select the servers you want then click 'Save', simply select download test from the main menu and select a manual size as you normally would.  As long as you have multithread enabled it will be evoked with all your download tests. (btw, it shows a different size in multithread but is accurate to the exact amount of actual data transferred.  You select 100 MB but because of the way that test works it's not actually exactly 100MB... just know that it's extremely precise, okay! It gives you the best match.  By contrast classic linear is capable of serving exact sizes down to the byte.)

Cox Communications 150 Mbps (92 Mbps is the best I've ever seen)

Multithread
US Servers

LPKDcp4.png

International

KNX6utc.png

Select All

5F4nm2e.png

Classic
2JXmH7n.png

This is a typical result for my connection.  Sometimes when conditions are right I'll see 90 Mbps on TestMy.net.  Most I've ever seen is around 92 Mbps, totally taxing the connection with usenet threads.  So Cox is full of sh!t calling this a 150 Mbps connection.  I'm moving soon and really... it's fast enough, so I don't care.  :razz:

How does your connection compare?

• 1 month later...

Hi Friends,

Not new to this forum but no post since more than 2 years. My Question.

do you really feel a big difference while surfing with a 8Mbps and 40Mbps, obviosly downloanding and while on torrents its a really big difference, But just surfing?

Hey, glad to see you finally post. Most people that signup don't participate in my forums... it's cool though, people just wanna test their speed.

So, I have an LTE connection that can vary from a couple Mbps to over 50 Mbps. If you look at my stats and filter them right you can see my best on my iPhone on Verizon. When I'm getting 8 Mbps it still surfs great but when I'm able to pull 40+ page response is almost instant, the difference is great.

On my test bench when I develop my speed tests I purposly limit my connection varing levels to check accuracy. I've surfed the web and ran at every imaginable speed... it does make a difference, even for simple browsing.

Hi Friends,

Not new to this forum but no post since more than 2 years. My Question.

do you really feel a big difference while surfing with a 8Mbps and 40Mbps, obviosly downloanding and while on torrents its a really big difference, But just surfing?

In theory, no, in practice, yes.

People remember bad experiences very well. If I have even one experience of congestion in the period of a month, I am going to remember it and complain about how I need more bandwidth.

Rule of thumb, if you are inconvenienced for any reason because of lack of bandwidth, you don't have enough.

Just wait until you have several computers on your network that all attempt to download a 1GB Team Fortress patch at the same time, while you're in the middle of <insert something important that is latency sensitive>

• 3 weeks later...

Lordy I remember AOL dialup so, I'm happy with my Suddenlink 15 that usually gets around 25. :cheesy: :cheesy: :wave:

Happy to finally make a post after a few years, just had other fish to fry.  (that's an old East TEXAS Sayin.) :thumbsup:

Oh by the way CA3LE I quit looking for a test site after finding yours many moons ago.!!!!!

Lordy I remember AOL dialup so, I'm happy with my Suddenlink 15 that usually gets around 25. :cheesy: :cheesy: :wave:

Happy to finally make a post after a few years, just had other fish to fry.  (that's an old East TEXAS Sayin.) :thumbsup:

Oh by the way CA3LE I quit looking for a test site after finding yours many moons ago.!!!!!

Hey paladin!  Good to see you!  I know that people come and go but you're a staple here.  Some were getting worried but I knew you were still kickin' ... I check your test results every so often.  :azn: I also see you logged in sometimes.  

-- I'm glad that you quit looking for speed test sites after you found the best.   :evil6:

The truth is, this site has been around so long that we really do have some members quite literally dying off. :angel:  Some we've confirmed by family members contacting us... others are a mystery.  Just feel good knowing that people care enough about you to worry when they don't see you.   :cool: You're just a popular guy.

• 1 month later...

Well quite well im not talking about a LTE connection like Cable Guy says, in talking on my desktop wich i use for video editing, I have a steady 40MbpsD and 2.5MbpsU Cable Connection, i download a HD movie in less than 10 minutes (awesome), but i dont really see a big difference just surfing the web, i do have some plug-ins and extension with Firefox, but seems there is a not so big difference in PLAIN BROWSING when i compare it to my old 8 Mbps Connection.

BWynQq1.png

• 10 months later...

Well quite well im not talking about a LTE connection like Cable Guy says, in talking on my desktop wich i use for video editing, I have a steady 40MbpsD and 2.5MbpsU Cable Connection, i download a HD movie in less than 10 minutes (awesome), but i dont really see a big difference just surfing the web, i do have some plug-ins and extension with Firefox, but seems there is a not so big difference in PLAIN BROWSING when i compare it to my old 8 Mbps Connection.

BWynQq1.png

Excellent observation not to mention the realities your speaking. 

As normal browsing rarely taxes a good connection, as pages and assets are cached on various levels, from within the browser, to any one or many CDN networks along the path, yet data flow itself, such as a youtube video (could be a poor example) after in which the page is loaded, and the initial image / link within the youtube frame is loaded, dynamically, then the play image/link is initiated by pressing the button, it calls the URI for the video and starts the stream (more going on then just this)

If you have ever seen the video 'buffering', in other words, loading enough data prior to displaying, this is most times a significant deduction to realize poor network flow at some point in the path. 

• 7 months later...

:::.. Download Speed Test Result Details ..:::

Download Connection Speed:: 698034 Kbps or 698 Mbps

Download Speed Test Size:: 200.9 MB or 205692 kB or 210628710 bytes

Download Binary File Transfer Speed:: 87254 kB/s or 87.3 MB/s

Tested At:: http://TestMy.netVersion 14

Validation:: https://testmy.net/db/rh0OWTR

Multithread Test Utilizing:: east.testmy.net, west.testmy.net and dallas.testmy.net

Client Stats:: https://testmy.net/compID/1600620021447

Test Time:: 2015-08-04 05:49:23 Local Time

Client Location:: Dallas, PA US https://testmy.net/city/dallas_pa

Target:: Global Multithread https://testmy.net/multithread

Client Host:: Comcast Cable https://testmy.net/hoststats/comcast_cable

Compare:: 94% faster than client avg, 782% faster than host avg, 97% faster than city avg, 1354% faster than country avg, 7357% faster than world index

1MB Download in 0.01 Seconds - 1GB Download in ~10 Seconds - 12465X faster than 56K

This test of exactly 205692 kB took 2.414 seconds to complete

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko [!]

• 1 month later...