Unable to start upload section of test.

Wanderinggiraffe

Hello,

After two days of continuous searching I have finally resorted to kindly asking for your assistance.
My problem is as follows. A few days ago I joined up with UPC, they installed the internet in my apartment and everything seems alright. But I am unable to start any upload test, it either gives me an error or just goes to a standstill. However sometimes it does start the test but starts to break off and slow down midway. For example, I started the upload test provided by this website and it completed the very first test which was for 96kb but was unable to complete the second part and stopped at 58%
According to some other forums this could be an issue with my firewall. I find this hard to believe as my friend has the exact same package and there with the same computer I was able to fully utilize the upload speed. 
Also all drivers are up to date.

I would be very grateful for any advice or solutions you might be able to give me
Thank you

I would try several different test servers, unless you have and this is what you mean when you say any upload test. 

Then do a ping and traceroute to testmy.net

To ping a host...

• Windows Start > Run > type CMD [enter] > from the command prompt type ping google.com and/or ping testmy.net
  • Linux / Mac Under Applications/Utilities open 'Terminal' > type ping google.com and/or ping testmy.net

Paste those results here.

To run a traceroute...

• Windows Start > Run > type CMD [enter] > from the command prompt type tracert google.com and/or tracert testmy.net
  • Linux / Mac Under Applications/Utilities open 'Terminal' > type traceroute google.com and/or traceroute testmy.net

Paste those results here.

This information should tell you what your path and latency look like. As for the latency, unless you are on satellite should not be very high. Within the 30-80 ms range as an example. 

Many times situations such as yours reflect a local issue , such as you have stated, local firewall issue , or even many programs used to 'protect' the system , actually hinder performance and cause a plethora of issues. 

Please post back any findings.