I went to cancel my Dway service and..........

hijackdave

After explaining to billing dept. that I wanted to cancel due to the disappointing download speeds, hours of down time, and endless calls to tech without resolve, the rep. transferred me to customer service which I had to spew the reasons again of why I wanted to cancel my service. (mind you, I'm over the 30 days).

According to the contract you will pay dearly for the cancel after 30days? Prior to the 30day mark the paper work reads you loose activation fee, install charges, and $100 rebate. After this point its several hundred dollars I do believe.

I'm surprised they didn't tell you "very good speeds"

• 1 month later...

Hello all, I just canceled my Direcway service today. Fortunately I didn't have too many problems. They did keep asking why though. Instead of getting into all the problems that Direcway has I told them I had a new provider for the same money at a higher speed. She said ok and asked if I wanted to leeave the account on standby just in case I needed it again......had to think a while on that one.... :haha: NO. I now have 1MB/512K DSL and everything is great. Speeds are pretty much constant. I'm right at 2 miles from the switch.

I hope DSL and Cable providers will someday have their service available in all areas and put Direcway under.

Good Luck to all!

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 870 Kbps about 0.9 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 106 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (main)

Test Time:: Fri May 6 14:42:54 EDT 2005

Bottom Line:: 16X faster than 56K 1MB download in 9.66 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 30.83 % faster than the average for host (backroads.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-ERQOGSC4A

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 424 Kbps about 0.4 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 52 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (main)

Test Time:: Fri May 6 14:38:54 EDT 2005

Bottom Line:: 8X faster than 56K 1MB upload in 19.69 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 67.59 % faster than the average for host (backroads.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-LZSI10HWK

FIRST,

call your credit card company and tell them what's going on.

That the services rendered don't match what's promised...

they should put all payments into a credit for you and open

a file with your dispute.

Check it out!

I used to have Charter cable Slower, and it was a train wreck when it first came available where I used to live. Numerous outages and below normal speeds. Started with the 512k/128 I believe was the speed....never even got close for a while. Then the 1 meg came along and things smoothed out. Once they upped it to 3 meg everything was golden...had little to no outages for the couple years before I moved. I will have to say that the DSL I'm on now is a lot snappier. I have a slower D/L speed but twice the upload. Webpages load faster then they did with Charter. Guess the shorter latency.....

KBert, I hadn't thought of that with the credit card. Wonder what the time frame is on disputing a service.....only got charged once for Dway. Not really a big deal....it did work, just not like I needed it to.