FIOS Problem?

hupp3l

I have the DI-604. I tried to update the firmware but it wouldn't take it.

If when connected with the DI-604, you don't get the speed from the plan you paid for, I'd keep on Verizon to resolve.  The only thing you need to do for it to be setup properly is to set the PPPoE ID, password and MTU.  See http://support.dlink.com/emulators/di604_reve/h_wan_dhcp.html for the example page but the MTU is incorrect on it.

If you are running Windows, you can go to http://www2.verizon.net/help/fios_settings/check.asp and have it set the three registry settings.

If this does not resolve the issue, it's up to Verizon to resolve and I agree with Ronnie, replacement of the DI-604 would be a good next step.

Sorry man my bad. Ok well what I did was to buy a new Dlink wireless router. But I couldnt get it to work. So I called verizon and no matter what we did it wouldnt work. Then the guy said he was going to reset the ont I think. He resetted it and I got my speeds very good on all three pc's. So just to check I changed the dlink with my linksys. But I still get good speeds. Just to let you guys know. A wireless network, depending on where you are wont drop your speeds by more than 2mb/s So long as it says you have excellent connection it wont drop. My pc is about 20 ft from my router and I get 14.9mb/s down and 1.8mb/s up. Thanx ALOT for your help. I had a hell of a time but I think I know ALOT more about networks, tweaking broadband and working with technical support line.

Sorry man my bad. Ok well what I did was to buy a new Dlink wireless router. But I couldnt get it to work. So I called verizon and no matter what we did it wouldnt work. Then the guy said he was going to reset the ont I think. He resetted it and I got my speeds very good on all three pc's. So just to check I changed the dlink with my linksys. But I still get good speeds. Just to let you guys know. A wireless network, depending on where you are wont drop your speeds by more than 2mb/s So long as it says you have excellent connection it wont drop. My pc is about 20 ft from my router and I get 14.9mb/s down and 1.8mb/s up. Thanx ALOT for your help. I had a hell of a time but I think I know ALOT more about networks, tweaking broadband and working with technical support line.

I am glad you got things resolved... that is what counts!!!  Keep tweaking... we are never fast enough  ;)