L2 cache:              256K
L3 cache:              8192K
NUMA node0 CPU(s):     0-15

~# free
             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:      37061588     587892   36473696          0       9708      91108
-/+ buffers/cache:     487076   36574512
Swap:     36700152          0   36700152

Only a 1TB drive right now but that can be changed as needed. 

Thoughts ? 

FreeBSD? Linux? I recommend FreeBSD+ZFS for a server primarily used for storage, but find out what you need it to do before you decide which Os to install.

Have fun. I want a server to, need more $$$, but debt first.

Using debian actually. Are you familiar with proxmox ?  Some might say 'oh the pretties' (need I say names elliott ) oops I did lol) for VPS hosting as I might have before getting it going locally on a two node cluster. Talk about stable. openVZ - KVM VM's whatever. 

Well I'll be harassing people because this server is colocation, a power source and a 1GB uplink - thats it.

Plans are to get this hosting a few servers and grab another. And so on. Not planning on setting the world on fire , too many others are already doing that. 

Ok pile it on lol

Yes I did close without opening - because I (as well as a few million more) are able to  mentally process through the differences and or intent or internet grammar / punctuation , and code - as i understand it , Elliott , your skull works in the 5-7 million GHz/ps IQ range, thus i forgive you :P

Lol he locked himself out of his server in similar fashion :P

gallery_1_13_501.gif

Hey I also locked everyone else out of the backend a well -- so it was not all that damn bad lol

gallery_1_13_2028.gif

Ok pile it on lol

Yes I did close without opening - because I (as well as a few million more) are able to  mentally process through the differences and or intent or internet grammar / punctuation , and code - as i understand it , Elliott , your skull works in the 5-7 million GHz/ps IQ range, thus i forgive you :P

gallery_1_13_501.gif

Hey I also locked everyone else out of the backend a well -- so it was not all that damn bad lol

gallery_1_13_2028.gif

I don't know if that's a compliment or not, but I was simply poking fun at your grammatical errors. Also, you space before and after comma's, which seems wrong to me. But that's more forgivable.

Thanks,

EBrown

I don't know if that's a compliment or not, but I was simply poking fun at your grammatical errors. Also, you space before and after comma's, which seems wrong to me. But that's more forgivable.

Thanks,

EBrown

Were cool, it was one of those backhanded compliments you can only give to a friend. So if I called you in particular a smart ass, It would mean just that, because I am well aware of your capacity. Always have been. From the day when I walked up to you and you were actually shorter than I. 

Now as for the spaces for and aft the comma, <-- is that better ?  For some reason a few years ago I had to basically learn to type again and developed quite a few quirks. Like tapping the space bar at strange times when writing sentences in the English language. 

Little bit. Also, I figured it was. I know for a fact that if you and I got together in the private market we could do some serious damage. Both of us have a very high intelligence level, and I'm curious just how much damage we could do together. (I'm guessing a whole lot, but there's really know real way to create an estimate for a figure like that.)

Also, is there a reason you didn't consider VMWare? They have a free Hypervisor. (https://www.vmware.com/products/vsphere-hypervisor/)

Thanks,

EBrown

Little bit. Also, I figured it was. I know for a fact that if you and I got together in the private market we could do some serious damage. Both of us have a very high intelligence level, and I'm curious just how much damage we could do together. (I'm guessing a whole lot, but there's really know real way to create an estimate for a figure like that.)

Also, is there a reason you didn't consider VMWare? They have a free Hypervisor. (https://www.vmware.com/products/vsphere-hypervisor/)

Thanks,

EBrown

Well we'll never know until we go there. You possess quite a few qualities that I think would be very beneficial. Lets talk more and explore that jazzy chit. 

Pride comes before the fall. :read:  Just saying.

As is diminishing another persons aptitude or attempting to discredit or disqualify. 

He and I have been here before some time ago. And were in the sense as it was , successful. Extenuating circumstances put things on hold , however it is rather interesting this came up at this time, as both of us are in a different place in our lives as well as professions. 

• 8 months later...