Signature Picture Question

Pgoodwin1

On an iPad 2 running iOS 6.1.3. I no longer see the full edit option where you can add a picture to my signature. It gives you the restriction on the photo size, but there's no way to attach or upload a picture to one's signature.

Also, on the Results page, I don't see the "Share Result" feature.

Have these features been removed?

I guess the question is: How do I get a picture into my signature? I tried both the Full and Mobile versions.

Edited by Pgoodwin1

Are you sure? I didn't think there was an option to upload an image for sig.. I thought you had to link it from a source. Then again, I rarely look at that.

I'll try it on my computer later, I'm on my iphone.

By the way, I'll be updating IPB as well as a ton of other stuff in January so we'll be picking up a bunch of new stuff. January through March I'll be programming heavy so the whole site will get new stuff. So be on the lookout for new stuff everywhere on TMN.

You can add pictures to the signature using the full Safari on the Mac, but you can't using Safari on the iPad. On the iPad (in both the full version and mobile view), the signature editing box doesn't include the tool set button to add image URLs. Not a big deal for me as I have a Mac. It's only an issue for those who only have an iPad.

Edited by Pgoodwin1

By the way, I forgot to mention the share on the results page.  For iPad, because there is no flash the copy to clipboard feature doesn't work.  That's actually done through a flash hack.  It only appears if flash is detected... otherwise a special version of that tab appears that still gives you share options, just not copy to clipboard.

Here's on my iPhone just now...

post-2-0-69253800-1387422540_thumb.jpg

you can still copy the image URL, details URL or details and share on twitter and facebook.  You just can't copy to your clipboard with a single click like you can on desktops with Adobe Flash enabled.    ... that hack shows you the insecurities of flash, part of the reason Apple doesn't allow it in iOS and why others are phasing it out.  I'm doing that for a legit reason but it can be illegitimately used just as easy.  ... too bad it's the only way I know how to put something on your clipboard.  If anyone knows of another way I'd love to hear from you.

There really isn't a way to copy to clipboard with Javascript, which would be the best way due to it being cross-platform, most browsers prevent that due to the security problems it presents.

You could try something similar to:

function copyToClipboard(text) {
  window.prompt("Copy to clipboard: Ctrl+C, Enter", text);
}
Courtesy of StackOverflow

in order to attempt the same thing. This is considered safe because the user decides whether or not to copy it. (Haven't tested it, just assuming it works.)

Thanks,

EBrown

CA3LE. Yeah, on an iOS device you can share a test result. I was talking about the average results that you see when you hit the "Results" link. On that page there's no Share Results button, there's only the Export button. And in the signature editing screen, the editing options tools aren't available for even inserting a URL. You can save parts of the plot and both the Average and Max speed graphics by selecting the graphic and using the iOS Save Image function. It puts it in the Camera Roll for use elsewhere. If there was an Attach File option in the signature editing screen, you could insert any image from the Camera Roll.

On the individual test result, when you pull up the Share This Result, on the iPad you can copy the URL text below the graphic result. You can also save the image to your camera roll to share elsewhere (that has the ability to pull up pictures from an iOS device camera roll) or insert it into documents on the iPad.