Hi folks I just wanted to stop in and say howdy. I just joined today and am looking forward to reading a lot and posting. I took my first speed test and the best one was this one.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 5897 Kbps about 5.9 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 720 kB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Test Time:: Sun Mar 13 2005 19:31:15 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)

Bottom Line:: 105X faster than 56K 1MB download in 1.42 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 86.97 % faster than the average for host (comcast.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-IE29Z870P

So I'm very happy with the test although I do know speed tests are not always exact. I did a upload test and it showed 705 up which is also very close to my advertised speed of 6000/768. I'm in Nashville and I use to work for Comcast until I became disabled a couple of years ago. (don't hold that against me everybody needs a job! LOL)

Well nice to meet you folks and I'll be busy reading all of these posts :-)

Well I'm definitely crazy so I should fit right in. Thanx for all of the welcome posts. I love your guys description of the owner of the board. I thought all of those Nazi Eskimos  were rounded up in the late 80's and put in Folsom prison and they all have the blues. I wonder how he got away  :icon_pale: