3 new systems....

Swimmer

Hey I just built 2 of 3 systems that my friends bought... I will have build notes and benchmarks soon... I will post some stuff here and on the trueopinions.com site.

Specs AMD Athlon 64 3000+:

Asus K8V Deluxe

2 pc2700 512

1 wd 160gig ide

9800pro 128mb

aspire turbo case

Total was around $900 I think(I didnt build this one...)

Specs AMD 2500+:

Aspire Turbo Case

Shuttle An35N Nvidia mobo

512mb pc 2700

western digital 80 special edition ide

liteon cd-rw

fx 5200

Total was about $600

Specs Intel 3.2 E;

Asus P4C800

1 gig dual channel kit ocz

western digital 160 sata

Asus 9800 XT 256mb

Antec PlusView1000AMG(Same case as the Pimputer)

Total is just over $2500 I am building this next wednesday....

How Are Those ATHLON 64s??

I Want To Get One This Summer, Im Tired of 100Mhz FSB :P

So i'd have to get A mobo, ram and The Chip.. and A New PSU Cuz Dont Think 300 Watss Will Pwer What I Have Now... Which is Prolly why it seems slow sometimes...

From what I have read that are great... However for some reason, I think it is because the dude that built the computer didnt use a fresh copy of windows, it is really slow... I mean it got beat by a 2.6ghz intel... The only thing I am going to say is wait for the 939... If you buy the 754pin processor you are really limiting what you can upgrade and what technology you get... I dont expect anyone to release a 754 pci express motherboard ever... :cry: If you can just bairly afford to buy the motherboard and processor dont buy this setup.... You need to get some really good ram, a sata hard drive, and a decent video card to see the results that all of the benchmarks are talking about.

Yeah I knew About hte Pin Problem,

As For WIndows XP,

from My Problems I Just Now Fixed On My XP System..

XP Doesnt Like ATA-100 Or Above, So You'd Have to Make Sure The Harddisks are Running IN the Correct Modes..

I Found out last nite That My Primary 80 GB Ata-100 Disk was Locked At PIO MODE because XP Didnt Recognize it... I QUick install of the VIa IDE MiniPort Tool thingy Fixed it..

Also... Athlon 64's Are Supposed to Run With Windows XP 64-Bit????

But Yeah.. its prolly left over Drivers Slowing something Down..

Yeah the 64's do run windows xp 64 edition but the driver support and the software itself is fairly unstable... My guess is that it will become better as Microsoft devoted more time in the coming months... Actually it is faster for game if you run the game in regular xp rather than the 64 bit version.