New Member: Ziotron (A friendly hello)

ziotron

Hello Testmy.net !

This is Ziotron from northeast Connecticut.  I "was" a former speedtest.net user until I found out that HTML5 based speed tests are far more accurate.  So here I am!

A Little About me: 

I'm a table games dealer in CT. I have 2 children ( boy:3 / girl 9mos ) and a lovely wife which I've been married for almost 6 years.  My entire family is heavy into gaming. We stream, we play, we watch gaming.  The internet is my family's source for any form of gaming. Which brings me here.

What took me here: 

I found myself with a slow upload speed.  I've used speedtest.net and Its basicly shown me what ISPs want me to see, not what is actually being sent / received.  Then I recently read about how HTML5 browser based ( NON JAVA / FLASH ) speed tests display the most accurate descriptions.  Now out with the old and in with testmy.net. testmy.net has accurately displayed the upload and download speeds that I'm actually getting.  I need 3500kb/s of upload speed to aquire a good quality upload stream to my gaming site.  When in reality my upload is only pushing 800kb/s and an sometimes spike to 2400kb/s over 3 seconds.  So with my new membership, I'll continue to monitor my ISP ( Metrocast ) as well as determine what is the issue for the low speeds.

I thank you in advance in future threads for any assistance.

~Ziotron~

Edited by CA3LE
removed email address for privacy

Hi from SW Ohio.

Just FYI. I have Time Warner's 50 Mbps down and 5 Mbps up plan, and I consistently measure slightly above both those rates on my home Ethernet and Wireless through their 100 Mbps cable modem

And that's as measured here on TestMy.

The numbers showing in my signature are a little dated. I just pulled up my 30 day averages and my wired iMac is at 48.9 / 5.3, and my older iPad 2 is at 27.3 / 4.3 on wireless. Amazingly my iPhone 5s is almost as fast as the wired iMac when on WiFi. iOS 7 Safari runs slower on the iPad 2 than it did in iOS 6.