Hi from San Diego, suspect Cox cable it throttling!

jmk

Hi, I am so glad to find this site I have been looking hard for a tool that will let me monitor my internet speed over time.

My main laptop has been having an issue with speed that I have diagnosed as a problem with the laptop but I have 2 other laptops that connect very good but sometimes get slow speeds also.

I suspect that my ISP Cox Cable is giving me very inconsistant speeds. I am supposed to be getting 50 MBPS and when things are working right I do get 50 Mbps and sometimes more and other times the speed falls off a cliff like around 5-10 Mbps.

A question I have about the "Automatic Speed Test" if I set it for "every hour" and the box next to it is set at "12 times" what does this mean? Does it mean that every hour it will test is 12 times??? I don't get it.

Also if I test it say every 15 minutes over a 24 hour period will this consume a lot of data?

Thanks, Joe