Man sued over negative review

CA3LE

Here's an interesting story where TestMy.net results were used as evidence.  A Colorado man used his TestMy.net logs to prove that the statements he made on various review sites were in fact true.

He had contacted me before the news story to make sure that his results would stay in the database.  For anyone else who has this concern, I do everything in my power to make sure that nothing is deleted.  My personal logs for instance go back to the first day TMN started logging results.  There's also the option to save a CSV file (go to your results  and use the 'Export' link under the graph).

News 5 Investigates: Local Internet company suing former customer over online review

(watch the video and look for TestMy.net on Russ' computer   :razz:)

post-2-0-65500900-1406905611.png

Story on Kim Komando's site >> 
He wrote a bad online review. Find out why his ISP is suing him into oblivion

If you find more about this please share the links.

I've talked to him in txt msg right after his story aired, it was completely coincidence that this guy lives in Colorado too... and then the story happened to play on my favorite local news channel.  Small world.  Because there may or may not be a pending case I can't say any details.  But I can say this, I think it's going to work out for him.  

Actually, I just looked at Russ' site just now and it says,
"** Peak Internet and I have resolved our disputes and the lawsuit has been dismissed. **"
post-2-0-48441300-1406905817.png
(awesome)

I think that Peak Internet has made a huge mistake and probably regrets the hell they put him through.  Other ISPs and businesses in general should pay attention to this story.  Customers ARE entitled to their opinion and should be allowed to share it with other potential customers... especially when they have proof to back it up.  Big props to Russell Petrick for standing up for consumer rights and getting his story out.  :icon_thumleft:

This story is popping up all over the net. 

An ISP not supplying what they are selling , and not making this right, in whatever terms, is in itself a virus that plagues the wellbeing of the net. For example if I myself have ten widgets per month to sell, yet I have 15 people that want one widget per month, basic reason explains i cannot supply the widget wanter.

Though in ISP terms, I can sell 15 or even 30 widgets per month, since in ISP terms the money is up front and I might lock you into contract to pay, even if I can't get you that one widget a month. What are you going to do about it? Nothing.  

It's theft plain and simple. And at the rate in which some of these bandwidth suppliers are stealing, many could be held criminally liable. Yet when your connection is much slower than you might expect it to be, compared to what your bandwidth package is , for some reason we don't see this as someone stealing our cash. Strange. 

So we can complain on the net, which is in fact what so many use the net for at any rate. Now we see some very interesting things happening with this specific ISP, where they felt they should not be subject to someone posting a legitimate review of their service, and files a law suit. Which seems akin to the crack user calling the law on the dealer claiming the crack was bunk.

...if I myself have ten widgets per month to sell, yet I have 15 people that want one widget per month, basic reason explains i cannot supply the widget wanter.

Though in ISP terms, I can sell 15 or even 30 widgets per month, since in ISP terms the money is up front and I might lock you into contract to pay, even if I can't get you that one widget a month. What are you going to do about it? Nothing.  

great analogy.

Video link is dead! Imagine that.. :icon_scratch:

Funny, I clicked it on my phone and it didn't work... blank page... clicked it on my computer and it works fine.  Copy and pasted the link on my phone and it works.  WTF!  lol, the link is there... koaa's website or server must at fault.  I tested it on my phone before and it was working, I don't know what's up now.   Works on my computer or if I cut and paste the link.. :-/