Testing more than one location, should I use 2 accounts?

metaline

I'm new to tmn and so far it looks pretty good. I would like to test and record speeds for both my home location and for work.

Home: comcast

Work 1: comcast

Work 2: att

In order to make the results easy to interpret, should I use different testmy.net accounts? I saw in the results that the IP address for each test, as well as the isp, is recorded, so I'm thinking that will be enough to make the results clear. But what I am not sure of is if testmy.net offers reports of tests over time, can I ask the report to filter based on ip address? If not all the results will be mixed together. My main goal here is not to compare sites and the speeds they have, but rather how stable the speeds are over time, for each location.

I'm new to tmn and so far it looks pretty good. I would like to test and record speeds for both my home location and for work.

Home: comcast

Work 1: comcast

Work 2: att

In order to make the results easy to interpret, should I use different testmy.net accounts? I saw in the results that the IP address for each test, as well as the isp, is recorded, so I'm thinking that will be enough to make the results clear. But what I am not sure of is if testmy.net offers reports of tests over time, can I ask the report to filter based on ip address? If not all the results will be mixed together. My main goal here is not to compare sites and the speeds they have, but rather how stable the speeds are over time, for each location.

CA3LE added an "Extra Identifier" which I think needs much expanded, but it should help you categorize them:

Thanks,

EBrown

post-8532-0-44531600-1411164081_thumb.pn

I know, there are a bunch of room types I want to add.  And the option to make your own.  It's low priority however.

metaline, welcome to TMN!  If it helps, you can use as many accounts as you like but you must have a valid email address for each.  I personally like storing everything under one account and using identifiers to keep track of the results.  But I do see the value in just having two separate accounts.  When you use identifiers you then go to my results and select the filtering options below the graph.

post-2-0-51761500-1411225903.png

Many more options will be coming and the way that you sort and organize your results here will become easier.  I'm circling back around to the database for another programming round, probably right after I complete the server transfer.  I have a long list of features and reworks to the db.  You keep visiting, I'll keep improving.

- Happy Testing!

- Damon

Hi Damon

I have already used the identifiers and as long as I keep the aliases straight that should work. I mean, I use garage for one work location and something else for the other...but see, 'something else' is because I can't recall what the other one is at the moment.

This website is a great find and your work is much appreciated. Whenever I am able to plug in my own identifiers that will be cool.

I suppose a shortcut might be if you could add Work 1 Work 2 etc up to some value, it'd be a better stopgap for someone like me. Those would probably just be new entries in your lookup table of ID's you've created, and might not involve any programming.

Thanks again