How much is 3.6mbps

toia ubiez

Well... I need the right connection or my games wont play right, an I know T1 is >1M

So 3.6Mbps(which is 3.6M?) should be T1?

T1 is a 1.544Mbps connection not 1Mbps. T1 is a Symmetric connection meaning that the Download and the Upload are same so they both have speeds of 1.544Mbps, they both transfer the same amount of speed.Down and Up :). Cable has a faster download than a T1 but it doesn't mean that it's a T1 Connection. Also Cable isn't a Symmetric connection it's a Asymetric meaning that the Download and Upload don't transfer the same amount of speed :D. So you can have a Download speed of 10Mbps for Cable but your upload won't be the same as the download, you would probably have like a 512Kbps Upload connection or maybe a 768Kbps Upload. So No, Cable isn't T1. :)

:cool:

T1 is a 1.544Mbps connection not 1Mbps. T1 is a Symmetric connection meaning that the Download and the Upload are same so they both have speeds of 1.544Mbps, they both transfer the same amount of speed.Down and Up :). Cable has a faster download than a T1 but it doesn't mean that it's a T1 Connection. Also Cable isn't a Symmetric connection it's a Asymetric meaning that the Download and Upload don't transfer the same amount of speed :D. So you can have a Download speed of 10Mbps for Cable but your upload won't be the same as the download, you would probably have like a 512Kbps Upload connection or maybe a 768Kbps Upload. So No, Cable isn't T1. :)

:cool:

Well put Speedy :D

• 2 months later...

Close... excerpted from this link:  http://www.davoice.net/t3-high-speed-service.htm

DSL WELLINGTON, KS - A T3 connection is a point-to-point dedicated line that provides 672 64-Kbps voice or data channels or in other words 28 T1 lines. A T3 is used to transmit digital signals at 44.736 megabits per second and has enough bandwidth to transmit full-motion real-time video, and very large databases over a busy network. A T3 line would be installed as a major networking channel for a large corporation or university with high volume network traffic.

I REMEMBER THE FIRST TIME I WAS GUNNA UPLOAD TO A NEWS GROUP JUST GOT CABLE

DIDN'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE

THOUGHT  A COUPLE MINUTES

BIG SUPRISE

STEYR223@I LISTENEDTO YOU CAUSE I LIKE YOUR.SIG

i remember the first time i was gunna upload to a news group just got cable

didn't know the difference

thought  a couple minutes

big suprise

steyr223@i listenedto you cause i like your.sig

No need for CAPITALS....