Error message if tested with Southeast server

John Ue

when I'm on the DC server/TestMy.net Home page, and hit the Test My Internet button, I get a blank Safari page with only this message: "Could not connect: Host 'XX.XX.XX.XX' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server" Note - I X'd out the real IP address.

It doesn't give me this error on the Dallas server. Also, if I go to the server select page and choose the DC server! it will run a Combined test if I choose the "Combined" link in the text/link box right below the Test My Internet button. However, when the test completes, if I hit the ReTest button, I get the same error.

On the Dallas server, I don't get this error message doing any of the above. Also, I've never had this error before today.

it exhibits this behavior on both the iMac running OS 10.9.5 and Safari 7.1 and my iPad 2 running iOS 7.1.2

I've tried resetting Safari - no help. Rebooted the computer - no change

Other info: if I run individual Download and Upload tests on the DC server, there are no issues.

Also, I've made no changes to either the iMac or iPad hardware or software. I don't know exactly how long ago this problem started. I noticed it today, but I haven't run Combined tests for a while. I've been running (almost exclusively) separate download and upload tests with fixed sizes on both the Dallas and DC servers the past few weeks

I just upgraded the home server, I forgot about the reference to the old IP on the mirrors.  I'm trying to understand why it wasn't throwing an error for everyone, it should have.  I was able to test normal on all mirrors.  It's twisting my brain into knots because it should have given everyone that error. AHHH!  I'll have to look deeper.

At any rate, it's fixed.  Thank you for the report and sorry for the inconvenience.

Similar experience that I had since few days connecting with Southeast server farm... Got reply about the fix...

-----------

John Ue,

CA3LE (https://testmy.net/ipb/user/2-ca3le/) has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "Error message if tested with Southeast server".

Sorry about that. I just upgraded the home server, I forgot about the reference to the old IP on the mirrors. I'm trying to understand why it wasn't throwing an error for everyone, it should have. I was able to test normal on all mirrors. It's twisting my brain into knots because it should have given everyone that error. AHHH! I'll have to look deeper.

At any rate, it's fixed.

------------

So.. Change back to SE servers and ran test.. Now ...

Could not connect: Access denied for user 'tmn_mirrors'@'119.81.41.242' (using password: YES)

Sorry about that.  First it was trying to connect to the old server... then the username was missing on the new server... then it had so many failed attempts it locked out all the mirrors.  

Everything should be working normally now.

In the transfer I forgot about that reference to the IP... also forgot that it has a special username.  Oops.  Only able to notice once I turned off the other server.  Even then, it only happened if you had selected express.  I didn't see the error myself at first because I wasn't selecting express.  :-P