A lot of odd issues with streaming video game footage.

So Speedtest.net says my connection is somewhere between 30-75 Down, with my upload being 10 Up. I'm having an issue. Here, it says my download is 20ish mb/s and my upload is under 1mb/s. We pay for 50 down and 10 up. Why are we not getting it?

Lately I've been trying to stream to twitch.tv using OBS. Under most circumstances, I was able to stream at 1000kb/s and sometimes push it to 2500kb/s. And now, since I got this new modem router thing, I cannot for the life of me stream beyond 100kb/s. It's getting really annoying. Every server I connect to will not stream, and the frames drop immediately. I have changed the resolution from 1080p to 720p all the way down to 360p.

Our router is a Hitronic CGN. I've tried disabling the firewall in the router settings, disabling the windows firewall, using both ethernet (Normally I'm on ethernet anyway) and wireless, plugging a router in and connecting to that, everything you can think of I've tried. I've even called our ISP to see if we were being throttled and they even sent a tech out (again) to try and fix it. It hasn't worked. He replaced everything in the box as well.

Does anyone have any experience with this route that could help me fix this godawful upload speed.

I've read your post a few times, and am having a hard time following what you mean.  Is the twitch.tv OBS thing an upload for you?

You're using the little b (for bits) as opposed to the big B (for bytes), so we need to confirm that's really what you mean.  In other words, when you say 1000kb/s and use a little b, that is [roughly] equivalent to 1Mb/s (one megabit per second).  100kb/s (kilobits) is very slow.

I hope I'm not coming across as condescending - just trying to accurately follow your post.

You're using the little b (for bits) as opposed to the big B (for bytes), so we need to confirm that's really what you mean.

They mean kB/s.

Results before signing up https://testmy.net/compID/6412217638

I cannot for the life of me stream beyond 100kb/s.

post-2-0-31829800-1413876412_thumb.png

upload results are maxing out at 94 kB/s so he must mean kB/s.

I've read your post a few times, and am having a hard time following what you mean.  Is the twitch.tv OBS thing an upload for you?

You're using the little b (for bits) as opposed to the big B (for bytes), so we need to confirm that's really what you mean.  In other words, when you say 1000kb/s and use a little b, that is [roughly] equivalent to 1Mb/s (one megabit per second).  100kb/s (kilobits) is very slow.

I hope I'm not coming across as condescending - just trying to accurately follow your post.

You understood correctly. kilobits. And yes, 100kb/s is slow, especially considering I am paying for 10MB/s up and 50MB/s down. Our router is the Hitronic CGN (That's the model appearantly), and I've tried doing everything to even bandaid fix it, like disabling everything I possibly can.

Let me try and summarize:

ISP is Midcontinent, cable service as some sort of mash-up with Comcast.  Your plan is 50Mbps down and 10Mbps up, but the tests here show you're getting 20Mbps down and less than 1Mbps up (max at 94KB/s = 749Kbs).

You mentioned the new Hitron CGN gateway, and that the [outbound/upload] streaming problem started with that.

Is this correct?  What were you using prior to the Hitron, and why was that changed?

Let me try and summarize:

ISP is Midcontinent, cable service as some sort of mash-up with Comcast.  Your plan is 50Mbps down and 10Mbps up, but the tests here show you're getting 20Mbps down and less than 1Mbps up (max at 94KB/s = 749Kbs).

You mentioned the new Hitron CGN gateway, and that the [outbound/upload] streaming problem started with that.

Is this correct?  What were you using prior to the Hitron, and why was that changed?

Sorry for the odd caps in Mb/s. But yes, it seems to have started with these hitron CGN-Biz. It changed because our previous router modem combo constantly dropped connection, wireless or ethernet. I've pretty much tried everything to get the upload fixed.

The only time it was remotely fixed was at 3am in the morning, can my upload went to 3Mb/s. No one was up at the time, so no netflix streaming was happening. But even now, the conditions are exactly the same, aside from it being later in the morning.

I think I'd ask for a replacement.  Are they charging you a monthly fee for the gateway?  I'll readily admit I'm old-school, but I much prefer to buy my own cable modem (something on the Cable provider's certified list, such as Motorola SB6121 or newer), and use a different device(s) for the router/firewall/wireless.