Low uploading speed - Moscow.

Noimius

Hello,

I have problems with internet speed for live-translations in live.twitch.tv and their technical support advice me test my speed on testmy.net. I recieve results 2-3mbits(uploading speed) and they say is very low uploading speed for translations. So my internet-provider can be responsible only within my city and can't affect to this situation, because i recieve 49mbits on speedtest.net and this "meets the quality of services provided by them".

Noone of the ISP's in Moscow does not answered of these questions.
  • I changed 4 internet-providers, but all of them give me ~2.7 mbit\sec on testmy.net.
  • I change active router device to more srsly - Mikrotik rb951g-2hnd(from asus~30 dollars)
  • I try to change TCP\IP settings as it says in FAQ(MTU,RWIN and other)

But after all changes nothing happened my speed - 2-3mbits.

I noticed a strange feature - my main PC and console (PS4) in uploading test got 2-3 mbits(via Lan), but old notebook and mobile phone got 5-9mbit(via wi-fi). PS4 recieve 2,5mbits via wi-fi too.

Please, help me with advice how to fix it and whether it is a normal speed?

I apologize in advance, if in vain created the topic and for bad english.

Thanks in advance!

:::.. Upload Speed Test Result Details ..:::
Upload Connection Speed:: 2952 Kbps or 3 Mbps
Upload Speed Test Size:: 33 MB or 33792 kB or 34603008 bytes
Upload Binary File Transfer Speed:: 369 kB/s
Tested At:: http://TestMy.net Version 14
Validation:: https://testmy.net/db/Seo9wGl
Client Stats:: https://testmy.net/quickstats/Noimius https://testmy.net/compID/17263800490049
Test Time:: 2014-10-29 22:49:41 Local Time
Client Location:: Moscow, RU RU https://testmy.net/city/moscow_ru
Target:: Dallas, TX ...

Seo9wGl.png

Displaying Internet Speed Test results for Username Noimius or Connection ID 17263800490049

post-232798-0-25879600-1414608642.png

Don't accept their answer So my internet-provider can be responsible only within my city and can't affect to this situation, because i recieve 49mbits on speedtest.net and this "meets the quality of services provided by them".

They are an Internet Service Provider not an Internet connection provider. Although they may not own equipment that they link to, they do have a responsibility to provide their advertised speeds. It's up to them to work with their contracted companies providing the paths for their customers. If those paths are overloaded, it's their responsibility to provide you with faster paths beyond your city. It can be done by them. Time Warner Cincinnati has done it here - it took quite a while but they are much better than they used to be, and their speeds to their local connection points were rarely the problem. There were issues with where they ported me to.

I'll let CA3LE explain what to do next (he's a lot better at it than me".

What's your ISP's so-called "guaranteed" Download and Upload speeds?

It would be a good idea to connect your PS4 via Ethernet and check the throughput. In my home I can see throughput degradation ranging from 10% - 50% depending on where I make the connection. Sitting next to my cable modem/router I can achieve 90% - 100% of throughput (compared to a wired connection). A wall, a floor, and/or other wireless devices such as telephones can cause serious degradation of the signal - and throughput. You might also want to use a wired connection to baseline test your PC and/or laptop so as to eliminate any PS4 issue.

Using the process of elimination it becomes easier to identify where the problem lies. If you eliminate potential problems on your side of the ISPs modem it is always easier to receive support as opposed to excuses.  

Speedtest.net uses the OOKLA flash-based Internet speed test. OOKLA has a unique way of measuring speed. First, they drop the bottom 10% and top 10% of throughput measurement as they perceive those to be outliers. Then they drop another 20% of the bottom as they consider it represents a ramp-up. Effectively, they are reporting back on 60% of the time the test is run. Also, the Flash-based tests are relatively short duration. When I run a large file test here (testmy.net) I see a ramp up, a surge will above the speed I pay for, and then a fairly consistent throughout at the expected throughput, followed of course by a ramp-down. Running a small-file test (akin to the size test Speedtest.net utilizes) I can get exaggerated throughput results - much like I can see from Speedtest.net. 

If a Internet user is consistently uploading/downloading short bursts then the Speedtest.net would seem correct or accurate. On the other hand if you are streaming video it is more accurate to look for the throughput that is sustained - as you might see when doing a large file test on testmy.net.

What's your ISP's so-called "guaranteed" Download and Upload speeds?

50mbit to download, 25 mbit to upload

3869259494.png

It would be a good idea to connect your PS4 via Ethernet and check the throughput.

Sure PS4 is already connected with wired.

I tested the speed specified in post with when console connected via wire.