'Safe' browsers for windows

mudmanc4

Ads are getting very much putrid when it comes to a select number of sites I use daily. 

Some of which bypass the popup filter, and even redirected pages. I came across one late last week, and the previous week, that automatically downloaded 'install.exe' , how convenient .

The most frequent is a redirected page that claims adobe is out of date, when you see it, the only way to not get the auto download is to stop the browser within task manager manually. 

So what browser all in all have you found to be the most impenetrable ?

WOw So "Funny" That you mentioned this, I had a crap load of this happening yesterday and I was using IE 11.

I will try using Chrome today later and see if I have this same thing happen.

I found ( Or my G-Friend did anyway) that oh ya it is Adobe  "Flash" was outdated or not installed and it messed her laptop up.

I have had that one quite a few times last month prior to my "Factory Restore/Reinstall

Since then I have not had any thing try to or accomplish any un authorized downloads.

Chrome is no different outside of being able to see the tiny exe come in , in the lower left hand corner, as it happens. 

Commodo browser blocks nothing of this sort either. 

I am writing a txt file that will eventually be implemented into the edge firewall, to block specific ad networks that are producing this. 

It will take the week to get them. 

Firefox has worked best for me.  But this BS may be so new and may require an update to fix.

Don't always blame the site your visiting either.  Some adware can insert itself into other sites once you're infected.  I was using my mother-in-laws laptop once, visited TMN forum and there were ads.  I was like "WHHHHAAAAT!" ... and that instance was on a Mac.  Reset Safari fixed it.  Some plugin she must have accepted, scary because the same permissions could have granted someone access to spy on her.  

So annoying, I thought the pop-up days were over.

It's a wild web out there, put on your boots and watch for ratt-lers!

I've done something I really never cared for doing. 

Installed an ad blocker for that machine. Works, flawless. Although the proprietors of that site are on to it, they have literally dozens of ads on each page ok, and literally thousands of separate boards. With ad blocker, none of the posted content shows. However, ha freaking ha, no biggie, jut google the board and pop in that way. Dummies. 

Believe me, it's the site. TERRIBLE, and i mean the worst. And I'm not new to this game. It's in the top 2900 sites on planet Earth. 1.8 million page views per day. Not bad. 

Well it really gets you when you visit pages that have 2/3 of the browser view covered in ads.

I have never once used advertising on any of my sites. (And with them being so small, it wouldn't benefit me anyway.)

I don't ever browse to unknown or untrusted sites on servers and such that I run. I think the only site outside my own that I view from my servers is TMN, oddly enough.

Thanks,

EBrown

I use Google Chrome with ad block plus I really don't like blocking unintrusive ads because I know it's a source of revenue for a lot of sites but with all the malware out there now days it's just safer

My revenue sheds a tear.      lol  -- it balances out in the end.

Since there have been ads, there has been ways to block them.  A percentage of revenue is lost to blocking but in my opinion it's smaller than the revenue of a normal user, could be 10X less, or more.  Because the user with the mentality to block ads probably wasn't going to click the ad anyways.

I block junk ads across the site when I see them, constantly reviewing but there's no way I can keep up.

post-2-0-76327000-1418317781_thumb.png

Ads here are served through Google AdSense, I have over 100,000 ads to review.  To truly review them I need to look into each one.  Hmm, review ads all day long or build my site... decisions decisions.  I can only review the highest impression ads.  

For those of you not blocking ads if you ever see any ad here for anything that you think is malicious or dangerous in ANY way report it to me immediately.  Take a screenshot and copy the address the ad lands on and shoot me a PM letting me know why you think it should be blocked.  I need more eyes out there.

Keep in mind my ads are reviewed by Google before they hit the site.  I've never personally seen or heard of any malicious ads from AdSense.  I've blocked in the past mostly for the content of the site or the software they offer.

If everyone blocked all of my ads... I'd have to charge.  I feel like TMN is relatively low on the ads served.  Especially right now.  I look at some of my competition and it makes me want to throw up.  Pull it back a little you greedy f**ks!  (folks?)

The Internet should be free.  Always.  Ads keep the engine running and the lights on to almost all of the free sites you love.  Something to keep in mind when you're browsing from a non-adblocked computer.   :knuppel2:

Only needs using an ad blocker on windows systems, and only because of the trash putting executables on-load. pieces of shit. 

These low life scumbags might have the white matter to build putrid code, which i commend them for btw, then instead of putting it on the titty sites, they dump them where some other pin head allows them within their ad network. 

You should be able to visit any site without the concern for tripe getting in, but you can't. Too many jerk off's with no scruples trying to peer in on you, or puke eaters trying to use your system as a network to do worse things to someone else. 

Not blocking ads on this system, nor would I. Unless I expect to start paying for services to keep valuable resources available. 

As a note, I've never had an issue with testmy.net, not once. Many years ago there were a few ads that were questionable, but that's stretching it to my opinion. Not fact. 

Indeed, it seems that in today's society you can't browse a website safely anymore. What you used to only be able to expect on adult material sites, or in the deep-web, you now see on all these "click-bait" websites with no goal other than to get advert views. The great part is they do this legally, and they start attaching their links to the social-networks, adsense, and everything else they can find.

Edit: What else is great is that some of them are literally so bad that I cannot even scroll the page easily. It jumps all over the place.

Thanks,

EBrown