Directway 6000 and router..Help please

Hi everyone,

I am working on a DirecWay 6000 Satellite modem.  It works fine connected directly to the computer.  I installed a Netgear wireless router with four ports.  I can communicate to the router just dandy.  I can't get to the internet.  I always get "page can not be displayed message".  I tried telling the router to not automatically find the connection and plugged in the servers manually.  I still had no luck.

Any help from someone experienced with this type system would be appreciated.

Best,

Ricky

hi,

thanks for the reply.  I did what you said.  No luck!..  I can ping the modem just fine.  Also, I see my computer listed on the router.  I am just not getting out from my computer to the internet.  I can unplug the router and go direct from the sat modem just fine.

Also, i did not mean to cross post.  I was not sure where this topic belonged.  Sorry to have riled you folks.

ricky

Hey m8,

Where are the smart guys...these girls are getting antsie.  I am at the office right now trying to figure this problem out.

Tell me something....if I did away with the router altogether and bought a hub, would this solve the problem? 

I could plug our computer plus the wireless access point into the hub, I believe.

Also, I have since found out (before this post) that the Directway 6000 acts as it's own router.  This would be the reasoning behind why I get a 192.168.1.101 on a ipconfig through winders xp.

any thoughts?

ricky