Directway 6000 and router..Help please

i am on my way to Office Max....wish me luck

however, should not the freaking router work?  this is way over my head but, here is my view.  The directway 6000 has an internal router.  When you connect another router to it, all hades breaks loose.  The configuration to make it work this way must be ridiculous. 

thanks everyone for all the help.  You folks are superb.  This is the best support and camaraderie that I have ever experienced on the internet.  Thanks for the patience and I will get back to you with the results. 

It will take me a few hours to get back to the ranch to install the hub....I'll get back with you tomorrow.

thanks again,

ricky

Hi,

All problems are solved by installing the 5 port hub.  I still do not understand why the router would not work, but it did not.  I hope that this confusion helps someone else with the same problem.  From what I understand, a router will work with the 6000 direcway if you have the professional plan.  A router will not work with just the home consumer package.

thanks guys for all the help.

ricky

Hi,

All problems are solved by installing the 5 port hub. I still do not understand why the router would not work, but it did not. I hope that this confusion helps someone else with the same problem. From what I understand, a router will work with the 6000 DirecWay if you have the professional plan. A router will not work with just the home consumer package.

thanks guys for all the help.

ricky

Im glad you got it working :D

I would have to disagree that a router wont work with the home consumer package.  I an living proof of that :D

It took tons of configuration to get it to work right though.

PHP :cool:

Ahhh....tons of configuration is not my speciality.....thus the hub

Shug....My daughters are very high maintance.  For example, how would you like to have to drive 2 hours into town, spend 2 hours in a discussion forum, go to office max and buy a hub, and then drive 2 hours back to the ranch, only to find the little darlings fast asleep.  Their computers were up and going by 1:30 a.m......they never even thanked me....lol

and I might mention...they are spoiled silly.

• 2 weeks later...