INTERNET IN ECUADO

arooschwald

HI FOLKS

I LIVE PARTTIME IN THE AEREA OF QUITO, IN CHECA PICHINCHA IN A RESSORT NEXT TO THE AIRPORT OF QUITO. FROM THIS AIRPORT WE GET VIA SET BEAM THE INTERNET SIGNAL BY ECUAONLINE AS PROVIDER. THE ANTENNA IN OUR RESSORT DISTRIBUTES THE SIGNAL VIA FOUR WIFI HEADS IN ALL DIRECTIONS. THE INCOMING SIGNAL IS VERY INSTABLE. (SEE ATTACHEMENT)

ANY IDEAS WHAT COULD BE THE REASONS AND WHAT SHOULD I DO FIRST?

THANKS FOR ANY RESPONSE, ANDREASpost-238062-0-54637900-1419960130.pngpost-238062-0-78909100-1419960187.png

Edited by CA3LE
linked resource

WELCOME TO TESTMY.NET!

(caps lock much?)   :evil6:

:occasion14: just messing' with you.

I don't see the attachment you talked about.  Here's something else that may help visually.  

post-2-0-92472800-1419963837_thumb.png

arooschwald speed test results

See more for that specific connection, including tests taken when not-signed in by clicking on the CONNECTID in the results.

post-2-0-78339700-1419965717_thumb.png

1835096625522 test results

Hovering over a username in the forum will provide a results link.

post-2-0-80927200-1419964083.png

Hi Andreas,

I'm afraid that in your situation there may be little that you can do.  You have no physical control over the hardware and don't even know where the router is to try and get closer, right?

Could be that you're too far from the router... could be that they're overloading the connection that they have.

You're getting bursts of useable speed, but then almost nothing at all.

Y7u3PjJ

post-2-0-32852200-1419964480_thumb.png

Are you only testing in your room?  Try roaming around the resort a little on your android.  Maybe you just get terrible speeds in your room... or your floor.  If a test is taking too long, cancel it and move on.  Sometimes, as you walk and a test is running you can actually see the progress speed up as you get into better areas.

Test with a minimum of 1.5 MB.  Manually select the size on the download test page.  1.5 MB and larger tests have more details (e.g. the screenshot above).  Those extra details really help us understand what's going on during the test.  Some of your slower, auto sized tests will be below the 1.5 MB threshold... so manually selecting helps in your situation.  Direct link, starts at 1.5 and auto sizes if needed >> 1.5 MB Speed Test.

Besides physically changing locations I doubt that you'll be able to improve the situation.  You're at the mercy of the resorts wifi.  Your room may be on the edge of the range... or again, they may be overloading capacity.  It's not uncommon for an resorts, hotels and motels to run off < 1/10 of what they should.  They don't have access to the cheap, fast residential connections that we have in our homes... they get bent over and pay MUCH more for MUCH less.  In turn, they often order inadequate service.

If overloaded capacity is the case, you should see further degradation during hours when most people are in their rooms and relief when the majority is out and about.  It will fluctuate with regularity, the same times every day.  A definite pattern that you can bet on it with certainty.  Results from the auto test can help establish if there's a pattern.

hi admin

as i mentioned i will have a meeting with the  people from the provider ecuanet and the installer company dyconell.

as i told you i got at the same spot wifi connection from poor to excellent.

can i expect a more regular quality from the provider and installer?

the downloadspeed varies in a very broad range from 9 kbps to 2.7 mbps

can i expect a more regular speed and at which level.

this as additional to my first reply

regards andreas