Just installed new Modem and Wireless AP. Getting slower speeds?

Riku
Go to solution Solved by Riku,

I pay for a 300Mbps connection and usually get around 324Mbps. Today I set up an SB6141 modem and a TP link wdr3600. Every speed test I do is giving me 105-110Mbps. I tried speedtest.net, testmy.net and the speedtest.net app on my phone and all of them 105Mbps. 

Could my new AP be limiting me? I guess it could be my ISP is just slow right now but I don't know. 

Do you mean Wireless AP for "Access Point" or are you talking about Wireless 802.11 AC.  

Anything your connection runs through could limit you.  Even brand new devices.  Provide us with the modem number for your router so we can understand better what we're dealing with.  If you're enabled QoS in your router, disable it and see if it makes a difference.

• Solution

Yes I meant AP as in Access Point. I figured out the problem though and it was my fault for not researching enough. It seems that TWC don't allow the 8x4 modems to use 300Mbps. I have an SB6183 (16x4 channels) coming that should perform at the isp's maximum available speeds. It is somewhat of a hassle and quite a bit more expensive than the first modem I got, but I really hate the rented ones software lol so I'll take it. Thanks for the help.