Project Spartan by Microsoft.

spudler_t

So has anyone heard of Microsoft's decision to dump Internet Explorer and start up a new Internet Browser called Project Spartan?

I was curious as to some feedback or opinions you all have about this??]

I guess some of the idea is due to the bad rap that IE got awhile ago and that they have not been able to come out from under so decided to make a new one.

Or maybe it is IE 12 with a new rapper??

Kinda like when Qwest became Century link or Comcast went to Xfinity.

From what I heard the Microsoft Account Representative assigned to my workplace, it's basically a much improved Internet Explorer. He informed us that the reason Microsoft switched names is due to the fact that people no longer trust Internet Explorer.

Thanks,

EBrown

Changing the name does not do much for changing the underlying facts.

I Only use IE for a very few items that were specifically written for it's use. A name change will not change my mind about it's lack of giving a hogs leg about keeping up with the realities of todays web services. They are going to have to leave that old 'we lead the way' tripe behind. Because they do not.

Though at this point, it's anyone's game, whoever chooses to stop getting sucked in by the bribes.

Believe it or not, Microsoft is working on bringing IE up to the piss-poor HTML 5 draft that has been recommended. (The reason IE has typically been behind the other browsers is because Microsoft tends not to implement draft features, but instead wait until the spec/standard has been released. This is why many sites are specifically optimized for IE, because ever since IE 8, it has pretty much been a standards-based browser. This is in contrast to Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, etc. that have all been on the bandwagon of implementing draft/unstandardized features. The problem with this method of implementation is that if the standard changes, many versions of the browser now incorrectly handle it. /endrant)

To see a list of planned features and other cool information on Internet Explorer, you should visit the following site:

https://status.modern.ie/

Thanks,

EBrown

How do i say this kindly?

Mkay, bullshit!

MS has been much too busy trying to catch up to their own bank account to pay attention to what the web looks and acts like today, Vs 10+ years ago.

How do we implement chat, oh wait lets buy skype... ohh yes everyone uses it, we'll take those dollars, hmm now damn firefox introduced 'hello' shitdam, now what webRTC omg what is this, k, now what.what? wait... oh shoot thats right, were so involved with government spider agencies that we musttry and catch up to google in the classroom, wait how,.... oh yes, lets dive ass over head into it and give gubmint a few billion,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, hmm, that will mean writing new programs to teach, yea, were teachers/ Hmmmm now what oh shit, we needs data to know what the pupils are doing, thinking , browsing and masturbating to. well damn google will nevber share this, ok, lets get deeper up gubmints ass and assist them in the largest data mining / storage of humanity, yes yes yes, browser what?

But wait, hey bill, you said you have to crap out? here use this bucket .... *billy boy. now I'm thirsty, ok well run that poopie through some sand, now drink it. billyboy " yummie, here taste, and while were drinking our own shit, we'll wait another decade before making any moves, just to see what happens.

What a load of tripe LMAO

*billyboy --- hmm, that shit slurpy gave me an idea, since we are sucking hind tit with the best of them, lets rename our browser, those dumb people will say "ohh lookie, innovations, see MS is on top of it" and they'll all download our new and improved data mining self deciding, chosen for you that you cannot use any other operating system on our chipset dealers, (since we ate our own poop for ten year we must trap them see" ?

Ya, I kinda figured it was basically a name change. Kind of Like when Qwest went to Centurylink , I suspect in hopes people will not remember what a crapy company and internet access they had been providing.

I find it the same way as Comcast has tried to implement the Xfinity name and I am finding in that instance my service using the X1 platform has been nothing but a pain in my Arse.

Seems boxes always seem to be unable to communicate with the X1 platform.

I remember back years ago I used Netscape much more then IE ( What ever happened to Netscape anyway?)

Did it become Google chrome?

Oh Something I just realized. This Opera system, Is it owned by SONY? I ask as my new BD Player uses Opera for the internet communication stuff I believe as I have seen that name a lot when setting it up and upgrading firmware etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Brrrrr Beeep Whooooo Crrrrrrrr Worble Warble Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

There ya go feel better now??

LOL 

I remember a couple years ago a awesome Software called Tweetdeck.

It allowed you to Post to Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, 4 square plus others if you added the API ( Yadda Yadda) etc, to the optional connections.

It ruled I could see all tweets, facebook posts etc. in one window ( Program) with separate columns and post to one or all at same time, add photos, set up auto tweets etc. Then Twitter bought it, Revamped ( I mean totally Destroyed anything good about it) and then attempted to issue updated "Better Version"

Of course they imediately removed ability to post or view Facebook, Myspace, 4 Square and made it Twitter only and removed the awesome feature allowing you to put more then 144 characters in a tweet.

It was awesome and a great Idea only to be ruined by Twitter. That so P*&^%ed me o^^  something terrible as I loved that program. Especially when I was working with a Guitar Instructor whom did free online Guitar Live podcasts I could set up auto tweets posts to go out like 30 min before podcats and then again at 5 min prior while I was busy running QC on his video and sound etc prior to each podcast ( Since it was Live it had to be checked each one as there was no way to edit or fix once in session. Anyway enough rambling from me :) 

Yes, tweetdeck is up most the time on one layer of a monitor during the week. I never used it for anything else, in fact just found it a few months ago. I do not care for refreshing constantly and that app solved it for me. Since FB is trash imo I would not have used it before. I don't really do much social media, I get nothing done when I go there.

And yea, I miss that sound, bigtime.

SO Mud, you never used Tweetdeck prior to it being Murdered, desecrated, good parts cremated and reassembled as frankintwitters pet monster?

It is a shell of the program it was intended to be, Funny after post I looked in my Back-up drive and found the original Tweetdeck application files I downloaded. I am tempted to install and see if they still somehow function. That would show Twitter that I will not conform and be a good Tweet ski and do as told and only use what they give out. Ha  take that  BTW in case anyone hasn't noticed I am 100% NOT PC (politically Correct/Corrupted or a sheeple)  

:violent1:  OMG just had a piphininy or whatever, no wonder I lose like hours on some days, can be 9 am be on Social something and look at clock and Bam 2 PM, Was thinking on those days I had been abducted and was dealing with major time loss.

Well I guess I was abducted by social media and locked into cyber space time warpage LOL

:wave:

Hey Mud Man Dudeski, I will look for a great Dial up Sound effect or recording and post it so you can listen to the sound whenever you feel like it :)  :cool:

Edited by spudler_t

Right, never heard of it until someone mentioned it. (tweetdeck)

As far as the dial-up sounds, I grabbed a BSOD png (set as desktop image) and turned off explorer, ran the dial-up sound on the wifes machine last night, LMAO she was all over the pace yelling through the house as I watched. Funny as shit

• 3 weeks later...

This Opera system, Is it owned by SONY? I ask as my new BD Player uses Opera for the internet communication stuff I believe as I have seen that name a lot when setting it up and upgrading firmware etc.

Opera Software ASA licensed their browser / HTML engine to a number of device manufacturers. I didn't know Sony was among them. Some versions of Adobe software, including the freely available CS2, displayed the usage manual in a stripped down version of the browser. I immediately noticed that the right-click menu has Opera 8/9 icons and the user was allowed to select text that is part of a hyperlink. I've no clue why they decided to create an alternative for M$ CHM format. As far as I see, it's for the best: faster navigation, standalone, self-contained product, which will continue working when Microsoft changes/obsoletes their format.

Internet Explorer doesn't deserve a second chance. And giving it a flat, difficult to read Spartan/Metro user interface will not make me change my mind. Quite the opposite. Last time MSIE was on the news, it was an anime girl who looked like she belonged in Windows Vista. Make up your mind already, Microsoft.

I just got an email from Microsoft yesterday informing me that the new Windows 10 Technical Preview is out, and that it contains the new Internet Explorer (Microsoft Edge/Project Spartan).

Also, Photoshop CS2 is NOT freeware, as many people believe. You may only legally use it if you purchased it. The only reason it's a free download for some users is that they are terminating activation for it, and wanted to provide their previous customers with the ability to reinstall it if necessary.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/adriankingsleyhughes/2013/01/07/download-adobe-cs2-applications-for-free/

Thanks,

EBrown