MoDeM dIsCoNnEcTs .. need some help

24Kbps

Hi  24Kbps : I am on dial-up too.your ISP probably disconnects you after 8 hours continuous time online.Mine does after 5 hours if this is the case modem settings will not help.I can reconect & have as many 5 hr sessions as I want.This might help. Cholla

Hi,

Your ISP is probably disconnecting you automatically.  A dial-up connection isn't meant to be used 24/7.  Some ISPs are really strict about it.  My current one disconnects me after four hours.  My last one would disconnect me after five hours.  They even disabled my account because I went over ten hours a day too many times.  And they wouldn't enable it again until the first day of the next month, which was several days away.  And when they did re-activate my account, the guy told me that if it happens again my account will be disabled permanently.  BTW, there is nothing in their TOS about this policy.

Phil

Hi : the 5 hr cut off is in my TOS but if I use 20 hrs  a day thy don't stop my service like they did yours.I just get disconnected after 5 hrs then i can reconnect again.I agree with coknuck you shouldn't have a phone connected to your modem this is almost always a speed killer for dial-up.

Cholla