"Copy to Clipboard" in "Share Results" nonfunctional.

fmrusmcrntx

Greetings Testmy.net folks. Just curious as to why the "Copy to Clipboard" does not work? At least it doesn't work for me (WinXP SP3; last patch level using Firefox 36.0.4 as browser). It's not a big deal, I can easily use the mouse to copy the results and then paste into the logs I maintain on my system for records to share if needed w/my ISP. But of course the "Copy to Clipboard" function when it used to work made this process even easier. Just wondering, no gripe from me. Thanks for all the fine work you put into this BEST in the world speed test website. jerry in TX :)

Greetings Testmy.net folks. Just curious as to why the "Copy to Clipboard" does not work? At least it doesn't work for me (WinXP SP3; last patch level using Firefox 36.0.4 as browser). It's not a big deal, I can easily use the mouse to copy the results and then paste into the logs I maintain on my system for records to share if needed w/my ISP. But of course the "Copy to Clipboard" function when it used to work made this process even easier. Just wondering, no gripe from me. Thanks for all the fine work you put into this BEST in the world speed test website. jerry in TX :)

Hi Jerry, 

Welcome to TMN!  Greetings to you as well.

The copy buttons used to be a little easier.  They also used to require flash to work.  I changed that not that long ago to where you need to copy yourself with a right click or keyboard shortcut.  Not as convenient but it's also going to work on all platforms and eliminates the need for something I've never been a fan of. (flash)  

The dialog box opens, a simple click on the text will highlight all, hit Command+C (Mac) / Control+C (Linux, Winodws) or right/alt click: copy and then it will be on your clipboard and ready to be pasted anywhere.

Thx CA3LE for your kind response. What you describe in your last statement is what I've been doing, and it works just fine. One suggestion, you MAY (your choice) wish to remove that non-functional "Copy to Clipboard" button from the site since it could be confusing to newbies. Thanks again, very best regards, jerry in TX :)

wish to remove that non-functional "Copy to Clipboard" button from the site since it could be confusing to newbies.

I see what you're saying now.  I didn't think of it that way because that was never a link or button... it was the heading to the buttons below.  It's not really necessary so I formatted it differently for you.  Hope that clears up any confusion for people in the future.

Thanks for the feedback... keep it coming.

-D