New twist on a old familiar email scam

CA3LE

One of our members reported this private message today.

I wonder if this guy knows a Nigerian Prince  :laughing7:

Hello,

I am a Major with the United Nations troop presently in Syria but formally in Iraq, on war against terrorism. Based on the United States legislative and executive decision, withdrawing troops from Iraq. Our mission is to help beef up terrorist targeted states, mostly the United States and the European Union on war against terrorism. On the other hand I want to inform you that i have in my possession the sum of (16.2 million U.S.D) which was recovered on one of our raids in a terrorist Camp in Baghdad but we did not submit all the money to the military authorities, because we seeing it as life time opportunity, And I have my share kept safely in a box and I deposited this money with a Red Cross agent informing them that we are making contact for the real owner of the box. It is under my power to approve whoever that comes forth for this box.I want to invest this money in your country, in real estate or any other profitable business as soon as i retire from my job, and I will seek for your advice on that, since i am not a business culture person, that is why I have contacted you for assistance to get this project completed in good faith, so I need someone I could trust to channel this box money. If you accept I will move the box money to you, where you will be the beneficiary, I am a uniformed person and I can't be parading with such an amount, I am an American and an intelligence officer, so I have a 100% authentic means of moving the box money to you, through a diplomatic courier service. I just need your acceptance and all is done.
 Please if you are interested in this transaction let me know so that I can give you all the complete details we need for us to carry out this deal successfully, I decided to find someone that is real and not an imaginary that is why I went for a secured site where i can be sure that the person is for real and not an imaginary, can I trust you?. Where we are now we can only communicate through our military communication facilities which is much secured so nobody can monitor our conversations, then I can explain in details to
you, at the moment I can only reach you through e-mail, because our calls might be monitored by high officials here, I just have to be sure of whom I am dealing with. I will give you 40% of the sum and 60% for me. i hope am been fair on this deal, kindly get back to me with your full information such as:

1) Full name:
2) Your Age:
3) Residential and office Address:
4) Marital status:
5) Your Direct Telephone/ Fax Number:
6) A scan copy of Your international passport or driver license:
7) Occupation:
:cool: Nationality:

If you are interested please send me your personal details for further information, now i am writing from a fresh email account, so if you are not interested do not reply to this e-mail and please delete this message, if no response after some time I will then search for someone else. I wait for your contact details for us to go on Email [removed] @yahoo.com

Yours Sincerely,

Syria Military Base.

I doubt very many people got this message here, we use PM flood control so the person could have only sent a maximum of 5 in 24 hours.  I think they specifically target recent posters who they know are active members.

I wanted to post this for other people who may be searching for info on this message.  If you get this message or anything similar, it's a scam.

If anyone wants to eff with this guy (pretend you're falling for it or something) PM me for the email address.  :icon_thumright:  -- I just want to read the emails later.   :laughing7:

One of our members reported this private message today.

I think that was me.

I know these types of scams only need a tiny fraction of respondents to be "successful".  But,  I am surprised that they get any at all it so ridiculous.  I do like the idea of wasting their time if it didn't waste mine too, lol.

Replying that you reside at the White House is pretty funny as well!